IGNORED

taylor made rossa daytona

leon90
Note: This thread is 4409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi newbie here so sorry if this is wrong section

quick question about my putter

when i hit the sweet spot the ball seems to just fire off the face really hot this is the only putter ive ever had so was just wondering if this is the same for all putters?

That's the way the insert in the Taylormade putters are.  I am very accurate with my Rossi, but distance control can be a problem.  I don't have distance control problems with my other putter, but I putt straighter with the center shafted Rossi overall.  I am currently trying to talk myself out of buying a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6, which is center shafted, but doesn't have the soft insert in it, so it should be more consistent with the distance.

I love my Rossa Daytona 1  putter!...it is the most effective club in my bag by far...the one I rely on to beat the big ballstrikers...so I speak from experience with the putter you have...you can learn distance control by spending time on the practice green...

also if you are continuosly pushing/pulling putts and struggling with distance you might check to see if you have a "wristy" putting stroke -which is hard to repeat effectively....that is why so many including myself use the "shoulder turn" stroke instead ...with MUCH more consistent results once you get the feel for it on your courses greens...another factor to consider is the ball you putt...I putt the V1X as that 4 piece ball seems to give me the best results ...other balls will roll out faster or slower ..you can experiment with all this stuff on your own and determine what works best for you.....99% of putting is confidence...Good Luck and have fun!

I've only been golfing for about 4 summers now and have tried multiple different putters (3 of my own and a few of my buddies). I picked up a used daytona 1 putter last summer and love it, but now that you mention it some of the putts do seem to come pretty hot off the club. I think it's just me over estimating the distance or speed of the green, but it might be the insert in the club head as mentioned above. Overall thought I haven't hit a putter that I can control better than this one.

Originally Posted by leon90

hi newbie here so sorry if this is wrong section

quick question about my putter

when i hit the sweet spot the ball seems to just fire off the face really hot this is the only putter ive ever had so was just wondering if this is the same for all putters?

It's hard to say what is happening.  I have a Rossa Monza Spider and love it......it's consistent.  Lags from long range are steady, and I roll it online and make more short putts.

Because you are a beginner, it's hard to say it the putter is hot, or you're just slamming it too hard.  Ya know what I mean?   I'm guessing you need to get the feel....and roll the rock with feel.  Your touch is probably lacking.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!