IGNORED

Scoring help needed

Baynative
Note: This thread is 6196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm trying to figure out how to score a multi player skins game using handicaps and paying out both gross and net winners.

If anyone knows how to do this, or has a link to a previous discussion on the subject please let me know. ---Thanks

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

I'm trying to figure out how to score a multi player skins game using handicaps and paying out both gross and net winners.

ok, I play a Skins almost every week with much better players than myself and a GROSS Skins game seems pretty straight forward but a tad unfair to the higher handicappers. You don't really give a chance for them to get some $$.

anywho, the way we score the NET game is as follows: Find out the course handicap for each player on that particular course, i.e., I am a 19.9 hdcp so on a course of a slope rating of 130 I would get 23 strokes. You (13.4 hdcp) would get 15 strokes. Now take the difference of 8 strokes, and that's all I get, only on the 8 hardest handicapped holes. We don't give any strokes on par 3's. Just because of total unfair advantage. So if one of the hardest 8 holes is a par 3 then roll to the next hardest par 4. Then, just score accordingly throughout the group. We've had a large group of 16 and smallest group of 3. I am usually the highest handicapper in the group, and it always seems to work out good each time. Hope that helps.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

You've described the way I thought it should work. Several of the group here thinks we should have everyone play to their course handicap instead of playing off the lowest guy in the field. I see that as a disadvantage to the better players because if they get four strokes they would be on the harder holes where I would also get four strokes but then the meaningful strokes I have left would come on easier holes where I often par, giving me a better chance at net birdies if I play the hole well - or net eagle if I get the putter going.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

Note: This thread is 6196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!