IGNORED

Slope and rating question

elivate
Note: This thread is 6210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am booking a golf vacation and I have to choose one of three courses. Here are the ratings:

Course 1:
Yards: 6,651
Rating: 71.8
Slope: 136

Course 2:
Yards: 6,784
Rating: 73.8
Slope: 134

Course 3:
Yards: 6,785
Rating: 73.4
Slope: 138

So based on these ratings what would be the best choice (Easiest) course for a group of high handicappers??

I still do not fully understand the Slope/Rating system...

Thanks!

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

The lower the slope, the easier the course. Slope is the difficulty for bogey golfers (but not the actual number they should shoot), and the rating is the difficulty for scratch players (the actual score they should shoot). That being said, it probably a toss up between course 1 and course 2. Course 2 is easiest of the three for bogey golfers, but just barely. Course one is the easiest for scratch golfers, and 100 yards shorter than the other two. I would check on the internet to see if the scorecard is online. That way, you can get a layout of the course and see which one has more trouble, water, etc.

The lower the slope, the easier the course. Slope is the difficulty for bogey golfers (but not the actual number they should shoot), and the rating is the difficulty for scratch players (the actual score they should shoot). That being said, it probably a toss up between course 1 and course 2. Course 2 is easiest of the three for bogey golfers, but just barely. Course one is the easiest for scratch golfers, and 100 yards shorter than the other two. I would check on the internet to see if the scorecard is online. That way, you can get a layout of the course and see which one has more trouble, water, etc.

Awesome, thanks very much for this great information!

What's in the Bag

Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

The only thing I'd add to what Phil said is that on the whole, all three courses will be pretty difficult for high handicappers, and no that different for each other. Anything with a slope over 120 can present a pretty stiff challenge to a bogey golfer.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

The only thing I'd add to what Phil said is that on the whole, all three courses will be pretty difficult for high handicappers, and no that different for each other. Anything with a slope over 120 can present a pretty stiff challenge to a bogey golfer.

Yes, I know that these three are not the easiest courses, but we have a choice of one and I was just trying to figure out which one might play a little easier for us... I can check out the score cards online and see how the holes are set up, etc...

Thanks!

What's in the Bag

Note: This thread is 6210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!