IGNORED

Just starting again

sebsmash
Note: This thread is 4568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am a 16 year old high school student in southern California.

I played (sort of) golf way back when I was ten years old and I have just decided to start again.

I bought a cheap set of clubs, made by axial, and went out to my local driving range a few times.

After just a few days of practice I decided to try out the local par 3 9 hole course, at which I proceeded to score a rather miserable nine over par with 36 total strokes.

I can't believe I ever stopped playing this game, it is an absolute joy!

It is so relaxed compared to the intense team sports I have grown accustomed to, and I love every minute I spend playing it.

I look forward to improving as I am heading to the driving range a day or two a week after school and plan to try the par 3 every other weekend or so.

My goal is to progress to the point where I can try out for the high school golf team next Winter (as a senior I will have to make Varsity) and maybe go on to play in college if I can.

I look forward very much to learning all I can from this forum.

That's my story, I hope it wasn't too dull.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Not dull. Glad you have found your way back to a game you can play throughout the various stages of life alongside people who may be much older or younger than you.

Keep your head steady ... and enjoy!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Note: This thread is 4568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!