IGNORED

Driver and 3-wood go the same distance, any ideas to make the driver go a little farther?

Note: This thread is 4143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf's fun ain't it? it is painful when someone that isn't quite clear or honest about their knowledge and goes off on a rant - but only because you know it'll just confuse the recipient (most people mean well) - this is not one of those times...

Still, in the spirit of being precise and responsible with opinions (I read my post again) - when I said chi chi ended up left, I mean he did the opposite of leaning forward and instead leaned back (somewhat), causing him to fall back and then left as he completed his turn. His sequence was impeccable though, and although I wouldn't recommend doing that, I know he did that because he knew that under pressure it would get him the desired result - a full release to the left of the target and the ball stripling towards the middle of the fairway.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I love it!

Don't listen to anyone else ... I know your problem!

You may be right ... it's just funny.

• 8 months later...

Mr.Desmond & Alex10 both have good points. But Mr. Desmond is spot on. A couple things I would add, your bending your elbow and the club is getting behind you at the top of the back swing I think someone mentioned that but you don't need to go past parallel and in my opinion promotes casting or releasing the club to soon. The whoosh sound the club makes cutting through the air in the downswing sounds like is happening to soon in your swing like your not holding your lag long enough or casting the club to early, that sound you should hear later towards the bottom of your swing just before impact. And to simplify things notice where your hands start out at setup (you can set the mouse pointer on them as a reference point) then notice where they are at impact your swing mechanics or the path of your swing should bring your hands back through to the same spot they started at address and you'll see they are probably 5-6 inches higher and farther away than they started then you have to compensate for that. If you freeze frame yourself at impact you'll notice your back is hunched over your body is compensating for getting out over the balls of your feet and sliding out towards the ball your getting to close to the ball or crowding it you can see whats happening by watching your feet shifting around during the downswing . So 1st and foremost keep your weight centered over your arches and swing around yourself like your upper body was inside a barrel stay balanced so your not falling forward, As you transition to your and downswing don't force swing you arms let your chest start them down, just try and get the feeling that your chest as it rotates around is pulling your arms starting them down then just let them drop inside closer to your body so that your hands get back to the same path they started in and hold your angle (your lag) longer so you release your hands later in the swing listen for when the whoosh is happening in your swing and try to get it to happen just before impact at the bottom of the swing that in itself will increase your distance considerably. Just an ad-some-to-it or a different twist on some already very good advise not trying to steal anybody's thunder just trying to help and give another perspective.

Looks a lot like my swing and I have the same problem (sorry I don't have anything to offer). I hit my 3W really good but I don't get the distance I should with my driver. I read what everyone said and I'm more confused then ever. For me I'm going to take some lessons. Now I just have to find a good instructor. I thought I saw a thread on that, I'll have to search for it again.

Note: This thread is 4143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!