IGNORED

Your Unluckiest Golf Moment

Fake WSimpson
Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing the 16th hole, par 5, of the final round of a 3 round tournament I'm in the last group and 2 shots behind the leader. My tee shot leaks a little right and comes to rest about a foot from a wall that runs parallel to the fairway. Do I hit a mid iron for position or hit the 5 wood at the green? No one remembers 2nd, so I take out the 5 wood. A good solid strike, and as my head comes up the ball hits me just above the right eye. I go down like I've been got by a sniper, and spend the next 5 mins talking to the pixies in la-la land.

Eventually I come round and ask where my ball is. It only ricocheted off my head over the wall and out of bounds. I drop another ball and weave my way up the last few holes scattering shots all over the place.

Walking into the clubhouse I pass out again and I go face down on the floor. An ambulance is called and in the back I go...... but it won't start. As its the only ambulance they have on the island I'm then transferred into the back of a Police van for the short trip to the hospital. The local hospital, on the island, is no bigger than a garden shed and the Doc is more used to the odd cut or sprain. He decides I should go to a larger hospital on the mainland, and I'm put in the back of the ambulance that's been repaired... but it won't start. Queue the Police van again.

The following week I turn out for a comp at my home club, and that damned sniper has followed me. There's a shout of FORE from the tee on the previous hole, and a ball pitches just short of me and then traps my right testicle against my thigh. Once again I'm down on the ground and out for the count.

The guys call me lucky!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Hairy Feet

Playing the 16th hole, par 5, of the final round of a 3 round tournament I'm in the last group and 2 shots behind the leader. My tee shot leaks a little right and comes to rest about a foot from a wall that runs parallel to the fairway. Do I hit a mid iron for position or hit the 5 wood at the green? No one remembers 2nd, so I take out the 5 wood. A good solid strike, and as my head comes up the ball hits me just above the right eye. I go down like I've been got by a sniper, and spend the next 5 mins talking to the pixies in la-la land.

Eventually I come round and ask where my ball is. It only ricocheted off my head over the wall and out of bounds. I drop another ball and weave my way up the last few holes scattering shots all over the place.

Walking into the clubhouse I pass out again and I go face down on the floor. An ambulance is called and in the back I go...... but it won't start. As its the only ambulance they have on the island I'm then transferred into the back of a Police van for the short trip to the hospital. The local hospital, on the island, is no bigger than a garden shed and the Doc is more used to the odd cut or sprain. He decides I should go to a larger hospital on the mainland, and I'm put in the back of the ambulance that's been repaired... but it won't start. Queue the Police van again.

The following week I turn out for a comp at my home club, and that damned sniper has followed me. There's a shout of FORE from the tee on the previous hole, and a ball pitches just short of me and then traps my right testicle against my thigh. Once again I'm down on the ground and out for the count.

The guys call me lucky!

hahahahaha. what a f***ing story! I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that was a pleasant read.

Originally Posted by Fake WSimpson

hahahahaha. what a f***ing story! I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that was a pleasant read.

A quick glance at the picture I used for my avatar gives you an idea of how lucky I am. I ended up being the airbag for the buggy driver - it tipped over onto the passenger side.

Anyway, did I tell you about the time I fell asleep whilst riding my motorbike...

Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!