IGNORED

1-Plane or 2-Plane?

Note: This thread is 6191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at the range the other day. As I hit my last ball, a young Asian man and his swing coach took over my hitting mat.

This man's swing was about as close I've ever seen to Tiger's. I ended up watching for a good couple minutes until I was once again inspired to cash in for another medium sized bucket.

His swing coach watch me swing a couple times and told me to put down my club and go into my backswing. He shook his head and told me not to swing my arms, but rotate my left shoulder downwards instead. The balls I ended up hitting we just as straight and I felt that this swing was easier to time as there's really only one BIG moving part as opposed to two.

I discovered that MY swing wasn't "wrong" - it was the two plane swing (arms and elbow go up and down, body does the turning) versus the one plane swing (turn shoulders which move the arms - body and hips are in sync with the shoulder movement).

Which swing do you guys use and which one are you more consistent with?

Titleist 905R 460CC Driver Fujikura Stiff 8.5
Titleist PT15* 3 Wood Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist 980F 19* 5 Wood Titleist Regular
Miura Forged Baby Blades 3-PW NS Pro Stiff
Miura Forged 56* Sand WedgeTitleist Vokey 60* Lob WedgeTitleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design Newport 35"Nike One Platinum...

• Administrator
I discovered that MY swing wasn't "wrong" - it was the two plane swing (arms and elbow go up and down, body does the turning) versus the one plane swing (turn shoulders which move the arms - body and hips are in sync with the shoulder movement).

We just had a lengthy discussion about this. A quick search revealed only

this thread - if there's another one someone can find, please point people to it. Jim Hardy wrote the book on this (literally), so before you ask questions of us that are answered in the book, take a look at it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please lock.

Thank you.

Titleist 905R 460CC Driver Fujikura Stiff 8.5
Titleist PT15* 3 Wood Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist 980F 19* 5 Wood Titleist Regular
Miura Forged Baby Blades 3-PW NS Pro Stiff
Miura Forged 56* Sand WedgeTitleist Vokey 60* Lob WedgeTitleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design Newport 35"Nike One Platinum...

Note: This thread is 6191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!