IGNORED

Saying hi from Acworth, GA (outside of Atlanta)

CDNinATL
Note: This thread is 4521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've kinda played golf on and off for a number of years now. Now that my wife and kid are also playing, plus playing a lot more with friends this year, I'm taking the game a lot more seriously. So here I am trying to learn more. My son is already taking lessons and the wife and I are about to start ourselves.

I'm currently getting around 115-117 per round (including penalties) but I am seeing the score starting to come down. I'm starting to get better with my irons and hitting the ball a lot smoother. My drives still have the odd slice but are getting more consistent. I do need to work on getting the speed of my swing up but for now I'm looking at getting on the fairway more than anything. Putting...yeah....that needs work... lot of work....

Anyways...I'm continuing trying to improve my swing and my game!!

I shoot around the high 90s low 100s. So, I feel your pain. Have you read the thread on here about sliding the hips? It has like 25 pages, I read the entire thread today, its the reason I joined the forum. I have yet to try and implement the swing thought, but I am chomping at the bit!

Also, I got this nickname when I first started golfing. Always at the beach and in the woods! Unfortunately, it was my golf ball :[ I've improved greatly over those days, I'm just terribly inconsistent.

Welcome to the forums.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome.  I am in Kennesaw so we are practically neighbors.  Couple of good courses in the area.  Bentwater and Cobblestone are a good time, but Brookstone CC is the best course around.

If you are ever in the Carrollton/west ga area, i'd recommend The Lion and/or Oak Mtn Golf Club. Both are the best in the area that are public.  The lion has challenging greens!

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

Welcome.  I am in Kennesaw so we are practically neighbors.  Couple of good courses in the area.  Bentwater and Cobblestone are a good time, but Brookstone CC is the best course around.

I've played the front 9 on Cobblestone last year. I live in Bentwater and actually played there 2 weeks ago. I love playing Bentwater!! Too bad they went private..what 4 years ago I think it was. I haven't played Brookstone yet though. The course I've played the most this year is Fairways of Canton (yay Groupon!!). They went through a million bucks of renovations last year. That's a pretty challenging course.

Originally Posted by Beachwood

If you are ever in the Carrollton/west ga area, i'd recommend The Lion and/or Oak Mtn Golf Club. Both are the best in the area that are public.  The lion has challenging greens!

I played the Lion back in February I think it was. Isn't that the course where the 18th hole has second shot over the huge body of water from high up to make it to the green? Tough hole!!

Originally Posted by CDNinATL

I've played the front 9 on Cobblestone last year. I live in Bentwater and actually played there 2 weeks ago. I love playing Bentwater!! Too bad they went private..what 4 years ago I think it was. I haven't played Brookstone yet though. The course I've played the most this year is Fairways of Canton (yay Groupon!!). They went through a million bucks of renovations last year. That's a pretty challenging course.

I played the Lion back in February I think it was. Isn't that the course where the 18th hole has second shot over the huge body of water from high up to make it to the green? Tough hole!!

yes!, its mostly a blind shot depending on your drive. If you lay up you can see the green.

I have a friend thats always asking me to come play Cobblestone, I need to get up there.

Welcome!  I lived in Augusta for 7 years and still own a house there.  My wife is actually still there teaching while I am stationed in Korea for a year.  Hoping to get back next April.  Had a streak of attending the Masters on Sunday 3 years in a row, so I need to start over, lol.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

Yeah, I used to play Bentwater a ton.  I think them going "semi-private" was a mistake for them.  I think it is a pretty good deal though if you live there, and get out for twlights during the week.  Brookstone is private and is a great deal price wise.  Well worth my money every month.  You will not find a better track in my opinion, but it is quite challenging.  I have never played fairways at Canton, I might need to check that one out.

Note: This thread is 4521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!