IGNORED

Why does Phil use a 9.5 driver?

Backspinalot
Note: This thread is 4367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I could hit a 47 inch 7 degree driver longer I would hit that. I just don't think I am big enough to swing such a long club. I tried my 910 D2 8.75 loft with a 46 inch Aldila RIP 60 and I didn't like it, I was too inconsistent as far as distance, so I took the plug out and now it is 45" 8.75 loft which I have no problem getting up in the air. I wouldn't mind experimenting with lower lofted heads to see what kind of shot I get towards.

I didn't give it a lot of time the 46" but I think it is better any ways because Phil is hitting 45-45.5 and he has a good 7-8 inches on me. I am 135 lbs 5'7 or 5'8

off the tee I average closer to 280-290 and then I carry 265-270 range. This is at 4500 feet

Note: This thread is 4367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!