IGNORED

New To The Forum. First Equipment Purchase and It Is A Putter

Note: This thread is 6183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First topic posted. I golfed a lot as a little kid but just refound the game this summer and am pretty bad. Well, this will be my first equipment purchase and I have decided that my swing will change so I should just stick it out with my crappy irons and wedges. I do have a nice driver and 3 wood though that were formally my grandfathers, fusion driver and hawkeye 3 wood. Well, I decided that a putter is a great decision being how I can get better with my future putter for years to come. I currently have an oldschool anser 2 but I think I want a mallet of some form. My friend has an Odyssey two ball that I like a lot so I'm gonna go with a mallet I think. What do you guys recomend that is a great putter and a great value. I know its my oppinion so whatever you recommend ill try out at my golf galaxy. Thanks a lot.

I've used both the 2-Ball mallet and blade and I must say that the blade is much better for me , maybe not you. I love the way that the 2-Ball lets you line up and if you like that, try out the other alignment putters like the Craz-E or Guerin Rife Two Bar...

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

I was looking through dicks weekly ad and came across two ball DFX putter for 99.99. Why is this so cheap? Is the dfx like last years model or something? I think im gonna stop by tomorrow and check that out and give it a whirl. I can always try it out for a few days and return it if I dont like it.

The DFX insert (is this the one you're talking about, http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-2-Ball.../dp/B000NUY9LI ) is a lot firmer than the White Hot and other inserts in the Odyssey range which may be the reason they're not as popular as the others? I've actually hit some completely metallic putters which seemed to have a softer feels than the DFX series. Nonetheless, if you hit and like it, go for it

The putter is such a "personal" club, and a good first one to invest in. I'd strongly suggest that you find some time to go try out a lot of different models and brands until you find what feels and looks good to you. Golf salespeople are used to folks taking a lot of demo time to find a putter that fits.

I loved the Camerons when I first started playing, but couldn't rationalize the expense. I loved them every time I'd go check out other putters. I love mine now that I made the switch and putt really well with it. Other people, of course, think they're a rip off. Find one that suits you (make sure to demo with the same type of balls you play with) and have fun.
Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

I really like my Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie. I tried the two-balle and liked the feel, but found the club distracting to look at. The Rossie is a mallet-putter with a more compact feeling. Almost a hybrid between a blade and a mallet. It has good alignment lines without being distracting.

I tend to hit the ball too hard and the soft White Hot insert seems to help with feel. The Rossie is also face-balanced which promotes a square club face at impact. I think this is a good feature for high-handicappers.

I also really liked the Taylor Made Monza Corza, but it was about $60 more expensive than the Odyssey. Plus the Corza has that adjustable/replacable weighting system in the back and it isn't worth worth the effort for me to tinker with the distribution of weight.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I love the "Yes Putters" All models are pretty much the same. They have a C-Groove Technology which really bought me. I feel that it actually works and reduces ball bouncing on the green. The ball going off the putter with this putter is an amazing feel.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Actually, was heading to golf galaxy today and saw dicks and decided to stop. Tryed a White Hot #9 and really really liked it. Somebody recommended the rossi and I found this to be very similar. Lefty also won the masters with it so it has to be okay. Ill give it a whirl and let you guys know about it. It was 119 but I remembered i had a 20$ off 100$ purchase so I got it for 100. I think i got a good deal.

Note: This thread is 6183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!