IGNORED

Help me swing better

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love golf. And I love this forum. So I'm coming to you guys for advice on how to improve my swing. Today I went to the range and I'm hitting the ball more consistenly now but I fear I'm still rushing it and there's definitely room for improvement.

I've been playing golf for almost a year now so go easy guys (criticise constructively please).

http://media.putfile.com/golfswing-67

In my bag:

Driver R7 Superquad
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: 3-PW MP-60Wedges: MP R Series Chrome 52* 56* 60*Putter: Bettinardi C-SeriesBall: NXT Tour

Tough to know where the head is at in the first pic, but it seems like you turned it quite a bit. This most like came from taking too long of a back swing. From the angle in the first pic, the club seems a bit past parallel. On irons, well mine anyway, I dont even get to parallel and it helps with my control to not take as long of a back swing. Also, your club has dipped considerably in the first pic. On your back swing, the shaft of the club should follow the same line as your arm. If you drew a line from your arm, you will see that your club is below that line.

What is your normal ball flight? Keep that right arm tucked in a bit more (the driver cover drill works great for that) and get that club shaft back inline with your right arm and you'll see improvement. Good luck with the game!!!

Couldn't get the video to work, so I went with what I saw in the pics

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

Thanks green I appreciate your comments.

My ball flight is normally rather high, I wouldn't say penetrating, but certainly a lot higher than the trees you can see in those photos.

I'm hitting the range tomorrow for a few hours and I'm going to work on your suggestions. Keeping my right arm tucked in, keep my swing below parallel, and keeping the shaft inline with my right arm. Perhaps this will offer more consistency which is considerably lacking at the moment.

Any more suggestions then please feel free...

In my bag:

Driver R7 Superquad
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: 3-PW MP-60Wedges: MP R Series Chrome 52* 56* 60*Putter: Bettinardi C-SeriesBall: NXT Tour

Yes id like to give some tips but the video is not working ;)
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Well, a higher ball flight isn't that bad. But...if you would like a more penetrating ball flight, remember to get that weight transfer fully completed. Back foot on the back swing then transfering to the front through the end of the swing. Dont exagerate it, but just keep it in mind and practice. Im also new to the game so take my advice with a grain of salt, as Im only telling you what has worked for me and what I've learned throughout my short golfing career.

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!