IGNORED

Why so much Driver inconsistency?

Note: This thread is 4353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My iron play and short game have finally fallen in line. The biggest question mark in my game now is my driver. However, about half of the time it is perfectly fine and when it's not, the problem is always different. Sometimes very different.

For example, the other night I went to the range and went through my normal routine, start with a wedge and work my way up to the driver. Everything was fine, until I got to my driver and it was all VERY bad. I didn't hit one straight shot. I would hook one, then slice one, the hit a few in a row really low. Another slice, followed by a near pop-up. Then hook a few more. The next afternoon I went and played 9 and hit every single fairway.

A few days later I played 18. The front 9,I hit every fairway. The back 9, I didn't hit a single one. Again, the misses were of all varities. A hook followed by a slice, followed by hitting over the top of one.

What is really driving me crazy, is the problem isn't even the same everytime, so I don't where to start fixing it. And, there are stretches of no problems at all.

Any thoughts?

I had similar issues with my new-to-me driver the past few weeks.  It turns out the shaft was not suited for my swing at all.  It was too soft in the tip section and I have a quick tempo.  It resulted in spraying the ball all over the place, no matter what settings I had adjusted the club to.  Now that I have changed the shaft, I seem to getting more consistent results with it......so far.

Note: This thread is 4353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!