IGNORED

Good 18 hole score?

Kygolf
Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kygolf

I had played 3 rounds of 9 hole golf, my 4th time playing i played the full 18, my dad drove the cart and kept sore I shot a 102 playing from the tip tees, is that good since its only my 4th time playing actual golf?

Did you get lessons at all?

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Not the high school I went to.  Varsity golfers could all shoot in the low 80's.  A few guys close to scratch too.

Yeah, my little bro played on my high school's team. He shot like 90 average and was the second best player on the team. Not such a great golf area here, really haha.

a lot of high school coaches will take a player who is new and cannot break 90 or shoots in teh high 40's for 9 holes so long as that player shows he is committed to playing and practicing and getting better.  He probably won't play in many matches, but he will still play and hand his scores into the coach and get accustomed to counting every stroke and playing in pressure situations.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

To mr.3 wiggle our high schools best 2 golfers shoot in the high 70's and I played yesterday with my friend who is the 4th seed on the team he shot a 51 on 9 and i shot a 54 and i couldnt drive out of a bucket, I didnt say i would be playing matches i'm just going to pratice with the team maybe next year ill be able to play, To mr.sandman I count every stroke no gimmes the course i shot a 102 on is easier than average its very short, but as i said yesterday i played 9 holes ...("other 27 holes we played best ball")... and shot a 54 from the white tees at woodson bend golf course in somerset ky, if it hadnt been for a 9 and 10 i shouldve shot in the mid 40's.

Cleveland XL 270 driver

TaylorMade Burner plus iron set and wedges

True lies putter

Well you evidently have some great natural athletic ability! I wish I had that! It's a great start and much better than I can average! Work hard at it and get some lessons! Keep your love for the game and always have fun playing! It's just a game!

Fox Hollow in KY is a 66 rating, 107 slope from the white tees.  It is a par 70 and plays under 5,400 yards from the tips.

Sounds like a good beginner course.  Short course without many hazards.

And I do believe that a beginner could shoot a 102 from that type of set up.  It is actually more of an executive course than a regulation track.  Generally courses play about 6,000-6,300 yds from the whites, and should be 6,500-6,700+ yards from the blues.  A slope of 107 is pretty simple, as 115 is usually considered to be an "easy" course and 125-130 is the more "normal" range.

Keep playing and have fun!

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

kygolf,

a good habit for beginners to get into is count how many holes you have par putts on.

if you start stressing about your score, then you can get screwy in the head, especially when you are still going to have big blow up holes.

count how many holes you have a par putt on.  give yourself a point for each of them.  then count how many holes your first putt is for a double bogey or worse.  count holes where you have a bogey putt as your first putt as neutral.  You should be able to end up in the positive with this approach on a 5,300 yd 107 rated course.

So, if you had 8 holes where you had a par putt, 4 holes where you had a bogey putt, and 4 holes where you had a double bogey or worse putt, then you would be a +4 on the round.

This takes away the stress of the blow up holes (which are inevitable as a beginner) and allows you to still focus on positive course management.

Remember, at Fox Hollow, 18 bogeys = 88 strokes.  If you have a par putt on every hole, and two putt them all, you break 90.

What's in the bag

Originally Posted by Kygolf

I had played 3 rounds of 9 hole golf, my 4th time playing i played the full 18, my dad drove the cart and kept sore I shot a 102 playing from the tip tees, is that good since its only my 4th time playing actual golf?

Nice job!!   Is it an exec. course?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!