IGNORED

New wedges, what bounce?

Note: This thread is 6182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I'm getting new vokey spin-milled wedges. I have noticed people have a 56.14 to use as a sand wedge/wedge to use in the rough, and the 60.04 to use on approach shots on the fairway.

From previous experience, I hit a 56 real well from the fairway, so I'm thinking about getting a 56.10 to hit from the fairway and a 60.08 to use as my SW/wedge in the rough.

There probably isn't, but from seeing how many people have the opposite in their bag, is there a problem with this?

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

You want a heavier bounce for sand shots and a low bounce will tend to dig severely. At an 18 handicap I would recomend getting a gap wedge in the 50-52* with a low bounce to fill in between you PW and sand wedge and a sand wedge in the 56* area with a higher bounce (10-12*). A lob wedge would need very little bounce (like 4*) as it's meant to hit flop shots for short grass. A lob wedge and deep rough do not mix, no matter what height bounce you have.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

the type of sand you play out of will also determine the bounce you need. i got so ingrained in using my 60 to get out of tall/steep greensided bunkers that i forgot i even had a 56 to use for normal greenside bunker shots. 60 kept slipping under and id leave it in the sand. my 60 has a 9 bounce, 56 has 14. (nike forged)

I'm thinking of maybe getting a 54.10* for a fairway wedge and longer bunker shots, and maybe a 58.12* for sand shots. Would a 58.12* not work in deep rough shots though?

In The Bag...

Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

You probably won't want both wedges to have such a high bounce, as it will limit the number of different shots you can play with them. One high bounce for deep rough and sand (54-56*) and another low bounce for fairway and flop shots out of good lies. I still think you should get a gap wedge (50-52*) with a relatively low bounce (maybe 4*) to take care of the gap between your pitching and sand wedge. I use a gap way more than I ever use a 60* wedge.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

I agree with most of what the golfing polack is saying. You would want more than 8 degrees of bounce out of your sand club. Typically you would want roughly 12-16 degrees on your SW and lower bounce on your LW. It really depends what kind of sand and rough you typically play out of though. 54.10 could work as your SW, then you could get the 60.04 for your LW. Also, even if you got say, 56.14 that doesn't mean you can't use it out of the fairway. I have 10 degrees of bounce in my LW and I don't like it. I'm going to get something with less. As far as getting a gap wedge, that depends on the SW you get, the loft of your PW, meaning the yardage gap between those two clubs and if you're willing to drop another club. Generally I do think a gap wedge is more useful than a lob wedge but that depends on your game.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Hey guys, one quick question: Does titleist make the spin-milled wedge in a 52*?

In The Bag...

Note: This thread is 6182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!