Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroTaylor

my stepdaughter is starting to like the game

5 posts in this topic

My stepdaughter and I have been going out to the local par 3 courses so she can get out of the house and learn a bit about golf. She has been getting the hang of it, at first she was picking the ball up and handing it to me everytime we got to the ball but after a few rounds she got the hang of leaving it where it is to play the next shot. From there she wanted to start helping carrying the clubs so she got to carry my putter from the green to the next tee box. Her 4th birthday is sunday july 22nd so her mom and I went out and got her some golf stuff for her so she can start learning to putt. We got her a USKG putter and some super bright spongebob golf balls.

here she is on the course with me from earlier this week

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

McObra...i'm sure she will be haha she really likes it so far and is very excited to head to the practice green to learn how to putt on her own.

Try to wean her off that broomstick putter..lol....Totally off the point McObra that is my dream car .

dont worry snakey, we got her a USKG putter that is SOOO small it's funny. There is about 6-8 inches of shaft between the putter head and the shaft lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • The progressive wing of the Dem party hates Kaine. He is pro TPP and favors deregulation to wall street. However he brings in VA and has a solid record on many issues for moderate Dems.
      I would not be surprised if you see Bernie speak at the DNC. He will tell his supporters that even though HRC is not their first choice he (Bernie) will have a better chance of working with  her for their issues, than DT! I hear they are countering Baio with prime time slot speech from Erin Moran!!!!!
    • Newtogolf's post is important.  I do not like hanging around people that are used to having a staff.  I just went on a raft trip with a friend of almost 50 years.  We do our own trips, and it is important for everyone to pitch in as it is a lot of work for guys in their 60s.  My friend just retired from being a doctor, and never really figured out how to help for the good of the group. He kept wanting to consider himself a "guest."   That is after we had some long discussions about being part of the team.  He will not be invited back. I would not want to play golf with people that are used to having a caddy either.   
    • Most double bogies, especially from the average golfer don't come from "taking risks", they come from a poor swing that results in OB, water hazard, lost in the woods, whatever.  A decent player can still break 80 with a double or two for exactly that reason, it's only a couple of bad swings.   The reason that most golfers never break 80 is that they make a lot of those bad swings, that add up.  But even good golfers, who break 80 (or better) consistently, will have the occasional bad swing that will result in a penalty and subsequently a double, or worse.   Which is "harder" is a matter of skill level. For me, someone who, as the OP asked, is as likely to break 80 as not, if I had to bet on the result of any given round before the first tee, I'd bet that I break 80 over a DB free round of any score.  Higher handicap players will find the opposite.  Scratch or better players will seldom fail to break 80, but will still have their share of individual blowup holes.  They'll just use their superior play on the remaining 16 or 17 holes to offset the couple of bad swings. 
    • I don't know enough about his situation.  Maybe not immediately -- he wouldn't qualify for the PGA Championship or the FedEx Cup playoffs (you can't earn points as a non-member, which he is for this event).  But probably by end of summer to start the 2016-17 PGA Tour season as a member.  Unless I'm forgetting someone, he'd be the third amateur to win a PGA Tour event in my lifetime (Verplank, Mickelson). 
    • Thanks.  I figured I would have heard by now if it made a difference, but I'm glad to hear it just the same. I tee off in just over three hours for my first round with the game golf.  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries