IGNORED

My Swing (ayouden)

ayouden
Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ayouden

Went to the Driving Range this afternoon and these are the swings...

Your takeaway issues remain, ayouden.  Compare your takeaway during second 24 of your video with Rory's.  Rory's shaft never gets close to resembling your flat shaft during your takeaway.

As the commentator says, "perfect position halfway back with the shaft disecting the right forearm.. .".  This is the position my coach is teaching me to swing through.  He insists that i nail this before moving on, and looking at all the photos in his best-selling books, and the vast majority of tour pro swings on youtube, he has my trust.

Yea, thats very true Gary. That looks something that I should get to work on! I will upload a video tomorrow after I have tried to fix this.

As regards to Fistorlast, I do feel like I am moving my legs to much. Does anybody have any tips on how to minimise this?

Yea, thats very true Gary. That looks something that I should get to work on! I will upload a video tomorrow after I have tried to fix this.

As regards to Fistorlast, I do feel like I am moving my legs to much. Does anybody have any tips on how to minimise this?

keep your head down always looking at the ball until your arms pull your head towards the flight of the ball. use only your shoulders in your backswing

Originally Posted by GaryH

Your takeaway issues remain, ayouden.  Compare your takeaway during second 24 of your video with Rory's.  Rory's shaft never gets close to resembling your flat shaft during your takeaway.

As the commentator says, "perfect position halfway back with the shaft disecting the right forearm...".  This is the position my coach is teaching me to swing through.  He insists that i nail this before moving on, and looking at all the photos in his best-selling books, and the vast majority of tour pro swings on youtube, he has my trust.

His shaft isn't terrible.  He could be a little more vertical.

ayouden, here is a photo of Shawn Foley.    This should give you an idea of getting the club more vertical when the left arm is straight (parallel to the ground).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My Right Arm appears to be bent compared with that image, So would I need to bend my right arm later on during the swing? My back swing looks to be tight with this arm bending, would a longer wider backswing be better?

Thanks, Alex

Right Forearm Takeaway is what you should be feeling - and maintaining a straight Left Arm.  Here are a few videos which should help with the takeaway piece.

Thanks for that video BeachComber, It really does help visualise keeping the right arm straight and even now, I know that i need to keep it much straighter than I have been doing! I will work on that tomorrow and upload a video with the improvements...

Thanks, Alex

Went to the driving range today, and I hit EVERYTHING right! just a massive slice 50+ yards right! I think this could be due to me coming over the top...

Pretty much everything went into the tree's on the right...

Went to the driving range today, and I hit EVERYTHING right! just a massive slice 50+ yards right! I think this could be due to me coming over the top...Pretty much everything went into the tree's on the right...

Just took a quick look but I can't see that you are coming over the top.

Here's some possible reasons why you could be slicing:

• You raise your spine angle during downswing.

• You flip the club after impact you're not maintaining flat left wrist.

What I think you need is more secondary axis tilt and more hip slide. Watch this movie. And try to get to that reversed C position at impact with extended arms into the finish.

I would second what GaryH said. Additionally, my take on it is that I think you suck the club way too inside on takeaway (with a lot of pop-out) and so your clubface is very open.

Try not to fan the clubface open on takeaway and keep the face looking at the ball as long as you can.

Just my 2cents.

Just went out at tried to fix my head moving:

(Cardboard is to stop me making divots/marks in the grass!)

I have a lesson on Saturday with my Local Pro so I will try and get my takeaway issues sorted then.

Just went out at tried to fix my head moving:

(Cardboard is to stop me making divots/marks in the grass!)

I have a lesson on Saturday with my Local Pro so I will try and get my takeaway issues sorted then.

Much better! But and this but is important.

Nr 1: Don't flip the club, arms needs to be extended! How you do this? You keep the wrist angle in both hands from impact for as long as possible, left hand flat and right hand cupped.

This is a training advice film but I think it will help you by just watching the movie.

Nr 2: Watch your left shoulder what happens when it gets to the top. It needs to stay down, very important.

ayouden, your swing is looking better.  The head looks better to me.

Here is a video that should help you...  Watch the models left shoulder turn (on the back swing).  Then - this is very important... Watch how the right shoulder turns on the downswing.  Try and practice this - you don't have to do a full speed swing.  Just practice it in front of a mirror - and try and get the shoulder turn down.

You don't have enough vertical shoulder turn.  The result is that you swing down and out - but too much out - which whips the club around your body (major power loss).  You need more vertical shoulder turn 'up' and 'in' on the backswing... And more vertical 'down' and 'out' in the downswing.  Your shoulders are turning too much on a horizontal 'ring' around your core.

Watch this video to help understand the 'up-in-back' and 'down-out-forward' references.

• Upvote 1

Tried to get a swing with the more vertical shoulders, Was hard with a driver so I gave it my best shot. Hope it is enough vertical for a driver as it would be easier and get more turn with an iron.

Please wait for video to Render...

Closer but not there yet. Take a swing with an iron instead and it will be easier to compare. I'm working on this aswell btw.

edit: took a pic with him with the driver instead

Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!