IGNORED

MP60 vs TM r7 TP

Note: This thread is 6169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pitching long not a bad problem to have since most of the hazards are located near the front of most holes.....I have actually been hitting soft 3/4 shots for most of the short irons/wedges....it looks funny hitting a 9 irons from 120 but I can usw keep the ball lower with better control by hitting a 80% shot....

I have a Scotty Newport 2 like yourself. I think my actual putting stroke is fine (it's arched nicely and yep I know about the left versus right eye... but interesting about placing the ball back for pulls and forward for pushed, makes sense but never really though about it). The ball at least starts out on the intended line. It's just the intended line or line I read ends up no where near the hole

same for distance at times, it's mostly good but if I do misread I usually think it's going to go faster than it does, so drop short, sometimes way short. Also I only hole maybe 30-40% of 5-6 footers (well at Langara anyway, they just don't like placing the pin on a nice easy flat pitch there I'm not in the market yet for a driver, however I'm keen on getting a 3 wood or 17/18 degree hybrid. Something that'll get me 230 yards or so. I have tried a couple and like the Nickent 3DX and Callaway X hybrids. The Mizuno F-50 fairway is quite nice as well. Any other recommendations would be welcome.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2
Titleist 585.H 21 DG S300
Mizuno MP-FLIHI 4 DG S300
Mizuno MP-32 5-PW DG S300Mizuno MP-R 52.07 DG Wedge FlexMizuno MP-R 56.13 DG Wedge FlexTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04 DG Wedge FlexScotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

not to feed the trolls or anything lol, but..

I find it funny this guy is getting his panties all in a bunch because an 18 handicap is using mp-32's... supposedly because he's not allowed or supposed to? I've heard MP-32's are ass easy to hit and they're not even really a true blade, they're a muscle back design. Alot of 18 handicaps have single digit long games and 25 handicap short games. Didnt you ever watch golf academy live with Dave Pelz?

Point is being able to play bogey golf is pretty darn good compared to some, though maybe they shoudlnt be using Titleis 695.mb's or even 690.cb's alot of the newer "players" clubs are made with forgiveness in mind.

Fact is you take a 16, 17, 18 handicap give him a set of generic top flite pro shop rental irons and then give him quality in rac lt2's or r7 tp's (which for the record are incredibly easy to hit)... he is going to hit the latter alot better.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

not to feed the trolls or anything lol, but..

your reply is confusing ....first you say that MP32s are easy to hit (although you have never hit them you give free advice as if it means much) then you say that if the bogey golfer used LT2 or R7 TPs he is going to hit the ball better (which was one of the points of the original posting)

I have written that I believe tdinnnen is truly a good long game hitter and poor short game player at least where he plays (sounds like a nightmare green) but most bogey golfers are not going to hit the MP32s well enough to put it in their bags....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

I havent hit the mp-32's but I've heard they're almost game-improvement like easy to hit from club reviews online and in magazines. I have hit the r7 tp's and I've said before placing a handicap on a club isn't rellevant because even players clubs are designed with game improvement in mind now a days. I honestly think a high handicap would hit the r7 tp's better then an iron set you get at Walmart for $200 (which is what most beginners do) there is just a pre-concieved notion that you cant use certain clubs because youre not supposed to. Of course there are alot of irons out there that a high handicaps would have trouble hitting. But i believe a 14-18 handicap would benefit Mizuno mp-32's or rac lt's or r7 tp's and alot of newer players irons, contrary to what you and your swing coach suggest. Now a days, smaller club heads and blades are almost obselete.. typically these are the harder clubs to hit.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6169 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!