IGNORED

MP60 vs TM r7 TP

Note: This thread is 6154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Please compare and review these irons. Please state why you prefer one over the other.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

no brainer for me ......R7 TPs best irons for low-mid handi.......very easy to hit...workable....pretty good feel for cast club........have used Mizuno MP32 and Titleist 735 CM previously and the R7s are sooooo much better...the little you give up on "feel" is well worth the amount you pick up on forgiveness....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

Tried both when I went hunting for new clubs a few weeks back. The r7 TPs were a really nice club, very forgiving but hit a little high for me. I guess maybe a little too much game improvement for my ability? long irons were easy to hit off the deck. Found the r7's didn't give a whole lot of feedback either, hard to tell where you hit the ball. Thought they were a bit clunky as well, great off the fairway but I reckon they'd scare me in the rough

I'm a fan of Mizuno, so tried the MP-60's, 67's and 32's as well (along with Callaway X-Tours and X-Forged, Ping S-58's, GC2's and 4's etc.)

Didn't overly like the MP-60's or 67's? I think they were a little too much club for me! well the 7-PW were just about right but found the 3-6 a little eratic (more to do with my swing I imagine having said that the MP-32's were awesome, just the right mix for me (ended up getting these but replaced the 3 and 4 with MP FLI-HI's).

If I were to rate all he clubs I tried, just to give you a comparison

MP-32's 9.0
X-Tours 8.5
r7's TP 8.0
MP-60's 7.5
X-Forged 7.5
MP-67's 7.0
Ping S58's 6.5

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2
Titleist 585.H 21 DG S300
Mizuno MP-FLIHI 4 DG S300
Mizuno MP-32 5-PW DG S300Mizuno MP-R 52.07 DG Wedge FlexMizuno MP-R 56.13 DG Wedge FlexTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04 DG Wedge FlexScotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

Tried both when I went hunting for new clubs a few weeks back. The r7 TPs were a really nice club, very forgiving but hit a little high for me. I guess maybe a little too much game improvement for my ability? long irons were easy to hit off the deck. Found the r7's didn't give a whole lot of feedback either, hard to tell where you hit the ball. Thought they were a bit clunky as well, great off the fairway but I reckon they'd scare me in the rough

If you are a bogey golfer all the clubs listed above should not be used by you ....and please don't tell me you bomb your drives 300 and hit your 7 iron 175 either....I know what a bogey golfer's game is like and all the clubs your just rated are about in your distant future.....

In My Bag

Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

If you are a bogey golfer all the clubs listed above should not be used by you ....

That's tough to determine without knowing the guy and his swing. I'm bogey + right now and have been trying out different clubs lately. I have been hitting the X-tours for the past few days and can say they are definitely within my skill level. I cannot say much about the other clubs since I have not hit them yet, but I would venture to say some of them are fine for bogey golfers too.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you are a bogey golfer all the clubs listed above should not be used by you ....and please don't tell me you bomb your drives 300 and hit your 7 iron 175 either....I know what a bogey golfer's game is like and all the clubs your just rated are about in your distant future.....

That was overtly harsh and filled with many assumptions which may or may not be true...and even if they are I bellieve you could have found a more tacful way to say it. Furthermore as a newbie myself I might put more stock into what another bogey/high hadi/hacker thinks because I am more comparitive to them than a veteran player so I appreciate his reponse. Yours was rude an unhelpful.

-Adam J.

I actually started golf with Taylormade RAC LTII which were considered to be players cavity. When I first started golf, I was hitting between 120-130 but I chose plyer's club to motivate myself further on improving so that one day I could hit it well with the RAC LTII. I also liked it because it had a nice setup and so I think buying game improvement club or semi-player's club is up to the individual. With no thick cavity or top lines, I was able to develop a consistant and repeatable swing without relying for help on the game improvement clubs. I personally feel that once you get used to thin top line, you wouldn't like the thicker top lines for the next set. I have now dropped to mid 80s and on bad days play low 90s. I have been using Player's iron since the beginning so I think bogey players can still buy a player's iron no?
Driver

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I just have one word to say... "ass#ole". While I'm currently playing off of 18 or so, I'm just getting back into the game from a few years off (I've been back about 2 months). I used to play off of 12 which is what you seem to play off

My swing is still there but it's a little inconsistent. I get 8-9 GIRs per round which translate to 6-7 pars which is pretty good for what you call a "bogey player" but I blow up on a couple of holes which skews my score. It mostly has to do with my short game which is a little slower coming back to me that my iron play.

Thanks srjorion and ActionJackson for defending me. As for listing those clubs, I tried other cavity style backs and hated all of them. I prefer a more traditional looking club, which is why I didn't really like the r7's but they are still a good club, I've nothing really bad to say about them other than they weren't for me (I also note that you play r7's, if you don't like people giving your clubs bad reviews they maybe you need to get a thicker skin!!)

I also don't buy into this blade's are for single handicapers. Out of all the clubs I tried, game improvements included the Mizuno MP-32's gave me the best results. I don't think someone should be judged on the clubs they use just because they are supposed to be for so called better players. If they are the best clubs for you they are the best clubs for you.

And just to annoy you I used to bomb my drives 280 yards (albeit with about a 6/10 fairway hit... but hey it's fun to bomb although I've decided for now to stick to irons until I get back down into the mid 80's.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2
Mizuno MP-32 5-PW DG S300Mizuno MP-R 52.07 DG Wedge FlexMizuno MP-R 56.13 DG Wedge FlexTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 60.04 DG Wedge FlexScotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

ya shinujk1 ur an *******
never hit mp-60's but i hit the r7 tps at a range today and loved them. they were consistant and pretty easy to hit, though i dunno how they feel on actually grass insted of a mat.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

As always....it's the guy at the range hitting the wrong clubs thinking he's much better than he is......if you think MP32s are good for u...u have no idea how bad your "short game" is ....there is no way you are hitting 8 GIR and not breaking 80 unless you are playing on a executive par 3 course....for you to have developed a consistent swing and to say that your short game is behind is BS.......6-7 pars per round means double -triple bogey the other remaining holes....cmon...MP32s and hitting 8 GIR and still bogey golfer (which means you actually score mid 90s typicaly) there is no way.....it gives no credibility to what you are saying...

In My Bag

I know the truth really hurts...but u need to get fitted for your clubs....keep playing with those blades and I am sure your handicap will drop down in no time....r u crazy???? when I told this to my golf instructor he couldn't stop laughing and saying that's what keeps me in business.....certainly understand using blades for 0-10 handi but outside of that you have to be exceptional....2/3 of tour pros use cavity backs but you as a 18 handi with short game issues thinks those are the right clubs is preponderous....

In My Bag

Don't like blades... I prefer thin topline cavities. Anyway, lets get back to the original topic guys. MP60 vs TM r7 TP

Driver

Woods

It comes down to how good of a ball striker you are. I'm a good ball striker with my irons and horrible with anything that resembles a wood. The only reason my handicap is low is my short game and being able to work my irons around trees. Like today and yesterday I didn't hit one fairway. Even with my hybrids. I made par and birdie on all the par 3's.

I'm biased towards any iron Mizuno makes. In my opinion they make the best irons.

I found the MP-60's to be very forgiving, I just like a very thin top line. I just don't feel comfortable with a thick topline and especially offset. That's why I went with the MP-67's

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I know the truth really hurts...but u need to get fitted for your clubs....keep playing with those blades and I am sure your handicap will drop down in no time....r u crazy???? when I told this to my golf instructor he couldn't stop laughing and saying that's what keeps me in business.....certainly understand using blades for 0-10 handi but outside of that you have to be exceptional....2/3 of tour pros use cavity backs but you as a 18 handi with short game issues thinks those are the right clubs is preponderous....

You've got a lot to learn about tact, people will be much more receptive to your information if you don't come across as talking down to them, arrogant and elitist. Though what you say may be right and truthful you loose any potential listeners though your tone. It's not always what you say, it's also how you say it, just FYI. We (and by that I mean "I") would be much more willing to take your criticism into account if not said in such a malicious manor.

-AJ

As always....it's the guy at the range hitting the wrong clubs thinking he's much better than he is......if you think MP32s are good for u...u have no idea how bad your "short game" is ....there is no way you are hitting 8 GIR and not breaking 80 unless you are playing on a executive par 3 course....for you to have developed a consistent swing and to say that your short game is behind is BS.......6-7 pars per round means double -triple bogey the other remaining holes....cmon...MP32s and hitting 8 GIR and still bogey golfer (which means you actually score mid 90s typicaly) there is no way.....it gives no credibility to what you are saying...

I haven't played golf for a few years. I've been to the driving range 2-3 times and played 2 full courses since I've been back. The driving range helps with... well driving the ball, it doesn't do much for the short game.

Hitting the ball straight and long is not an issue for me (at the moment most of the time, but then again I've only hit maybe 400 balls in the last 3 years!!!). The short game however is all about feel. It's all fine knowing that you can hit a PW 115 yards if you're at 115 yards, it's when you're 50, 40, 30 yards that's the problem for me right now. I'll hit it too hard and it won't stick on the green. It'll hit that flop too soft and it'll go into the bunker. So to call me a bullshitter 'cos I got 8 GIRs and 6 pars on my last round but still shot in the mid 90's is a little heavy handed given you don't know me. In fact on my last round I was 6 over on the front 9, with 6 GIRs, then I blew up on the 10, 11, 12, 13 (yes with double and triple bogeys) but got it together and par'd the 16th and 17th. It was my first time playing that course as well, and had trouble reading the greens, hit 36 putts (16 two putts, a triple and a single). So suggesting that the clubs (that I got fitted for incidentally over the course of 4 weeks in GolfTown where the guys don't get commission on sales!!) are too good for me based on nothing else but my current handicap of two rounds in three years is a little harsh. Also, for what's it's worth the longest club I hit that day was a 5 iron 'cos a) I haven't bought hybrids or woods yet and b) just forcing myself to course manage rather than trying to always hit it as far as I can off the tee with a 3 as I can. I've always had that problem so I'm trying to calm myself down while I'm still getting back into it. Sorry to whom ever started this thread, I just can't resist putting ass#oles in there place.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2

Just thought I'd quote you on a couple of previous posts you made

"you gotta be kidding me....you hit it 280+ and you are also a 24 handicap....u either work for Callaway or have the worst short game ever..."

So you admit that a guy can bomb it and still have a crap short game, slightly contrary to calling me a lier and blaming my short game on my mid 90 scores.

"My journey goes from Callaway Big Bertha to TM RAC OS2 to Mizuno MP32 to Titleist 735CM to Mizuno MX25 to TM R7 TPs....you need to find a set of cavity backs with minimal offset....ie MP 60s, Titleist 755, Callaway X forged or TM R7 TPs.....unless you need help getting ball up in the air you really should stay away from game improvement clubs...."

So you admit that a guy should try all these clubs (including MP-60's!! which I wouldn't exactly call cavity backs) if he doesn't have issues getting the ball up in the air.. which I don't, so in effect you are suggesting that I try all these clubs!!!

"Just dumped my set of Mizuno MX-25 ....had too much weight down low and with the combination of dynalite shafts was ballooning my irons .......
I am thinking about either Titleist 755 vs Mizuno MP60..."

So you play off 12 which is what I used to play off, even so I'm only 6 shots off at the moment. Even my 12 was from playing maybe 10 times a year. Yet you are quite happy to dump the MX-25's (which I also didn't like 'cos they ballooned on me as well, and that was with DG S300's) and move straight to 755 or MP-60's!!!!!

Sorry but seem to have double standards.

Mizuno F-50 3W DS S300
Titleist 906F2 5W UST V2

you really have no clue about your game if you think short game is that tough that you suddenly choke on about 1/2 the holes you play and average double bogey on those holes although you seem to hit even par on the rest....once again I am tired of all the people bullshitting about their true abilities and giving advice on things that mislead others.....I agree with you that Mizuno are the best "feeling" irons out there...but the MP 32s/MP60s are not meant for mid/high handicap (yes that's you mr. bogey golfer).....you can look on the golfsmith website which clearly shows the handicap range for those clubs...(pls stop telling me that you are the exception...heard it before and it's people like you that lead to these 6 hour rounds on the weekeds....you probably play from the tips also right...mr 280 yard driver that now admits can't hit any fairway woods let alson 3 or 4 irons....your story is getting worse and worse...buddy you should stop talking about things that are not statistically possible....

In My Bag

Even if he is falsifying his statistics or being less than forthcomming...which is none of your bussiness my friend.... it does not excuse your rude tone and hostile posts in this thread. After all this is just a game/hobby and you've got some realy growing up to do. I'm almost ashamed to be from the same state as you. If you disagree with his claims and wish to have a debate, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but you are doing yourself and your points no credits by using ad-hominems, your also showing poor net-iquette by ruinning the originators thread...you my friend are what we in the net-forum world call a troll. You can get your point acorss with facts...not insults. Again, you may know more than anyone on this thread but it doesn't matter if you continue to be an arrogant, egotistical poster. Though it seems to be falling on deaf ears I will repeat; it's not what you say it's how you say it.

-Adam J.

Note: This thread is 6154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!