IGNORED

Hit another guy's ball w/mine mid-flight at the range last night

bamagrad03
Note: This thread is 4257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have two decent stories I guess.

One of the first times I went on the course my brother and I were playing and I was hitting my second shot on the 18th-par 5.  I pulled out my 3 wood and decided to try to reach in two or atleast get close.  On this hole, about half way down the hole, is a creek full of creek rock, etc.  I hit the shot and drill it hard except I don't get any real lift.  It smacks one of the rocks in the creek and flies back over my head about 40 yards behind me.

Second story is similar to the shanking on the range except mine happened on a real course.  Went out to play 18 alone and got paired up with two other singles.  On one of the holes on the front 9 everyone was on the green except me, but I was only a chip away.  Both the other guys were on the green lining up their putts while waiting for me to hit and they weren't really paying attention.  As I hit my shot one of the guys squats down to get a good read and never sees what is coming his way.  I end up shanking the shot almost straight right and end up line driving him in the ass.  Thankfully it was a short chip without to much power behind it..  lol

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was playing Royal Liverpool while in England to attend the Open. I had just played a par 3 and was waiting on the next tee when the group behind us yells fore. I turn around and see a ball flying over a hill at the back of our tee box. It lands and bounces a few times before hitting me harmlessly on my leg. I look down and the ball is mine! I had lost the ball a few holes before and the guy behind me had found it and then hit me with it. Certainly the most unusual golf event that has happened to me.

Mine was recent.

Me and my foursome got to the 18th green to find  3 mysterious balls just laying next to the green.  Looked like old balls someone just threw out.  I had my PW and SW in my hand.  I chipped my ball with my SW from about 30 yards out and got like 10ft from the hole.

I then walked past the other balls (about 25 yds in) and just playing around with my PW   IN ONE HAND  hit one of the balls.  The ball flops up in the air, hits the fringe,  breaks about 5 foot to the left and drops IN THE HOLE with perfect speed.

One guy fell down laughing, I fell down laughing, one flipped his putter and walked away and the other went to the cart to laugh and drink his beer.

Was one of the craziest one handed shots I have ever saw.

2nd hole on a course I play... Par 5 dogleg right and a road that you tee off over and it runs along the dogleg on the right side.  OB is along the edge of the road.   I snap hook my ball off the tee, nail a tree on the edge of the woods to the left of the fairway, and it flies 90 degrees right and OB just past the road :(

Another at a different course while trying to lightly punch a ball out of the woods, it strikes a tree about 20yds in front of me, comes back and I catch it.  I'm sure that's a two stroke penalty lol

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Note: This thread is 4257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!