IGNORED

Club head speed calculator

GixxerTed
Note: This thread is 3905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by chilly

Optimal, 105mph will get there.  In the real world, I'd say 110mph is more likely to do it with any consistency.

I'd agree with this.  105mph - to get 280yds would be in ideal conditions and clean contact.  This is why I don't always hit it 280.  But can regularly hit it 260 to 270.  And then sometimes bomb it 280+.

For instance, I was telling Golfingdad... I played Glen Ivy this past weekend.  And there are two holes - from the tips that play 434.  The box was about 20yds forward on most of the tees.  So each of these two holes were roughly 414ish.  The 16th hole is a dogleg right.  Very elevated tee - with a downward sloping (right to left) hillside.  If you hit the right shot - cut the dogleg - your ball can hit off the rough and shoot down into the fairway and roll a long - long way.  Especially when it is dry.  I hit a nice push draw - cutting the corner perfectly - and hit the hillside and bounced down into the fairway. I ended up leaving myself with 76yds, and hit a baby 3/4 sand wedge which nearly flew into the hole on my second shot... Played the hole perfectly. So while I hit the tee shot ~ 338yds.  I know it was mainly due to the elevation and perfect landing conditions for the shot.

Then I proceeded to smash a drive on the 18th hole which was 434 from the tips - but the tee was moved up ~ 20yds.  So again, roughly 414yd par 4 - again push draw - which flew through the fairway.  I left myself with 68yd 3/4 to 1/2 sand wedge - but this time from the rough.   So I hit the ball roughly 346yds from the tee.  It helps that I had helping wind at my back - and the tee is advertised as one of the biggest elevation drops in the country!!

My point is... Conditions will play heavily into how far you hit the ball.  The chart I provided was based on ideal - flat course conditions at sea level.  Not huge elevations like I was playing from.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 8 months later...

I purchased a good product on this site.

www.golfmechanix.com/Items.asp?Pdts=16&CatDescription;=Fitting%20tools%20and%20training%20aids

The Auditor Swing Speed and Ball Speed Meter.Turned out to be a pretty powerful tool for under a 100 bucks. Still trying to get my tempo correct....

Originally Posted by smidey

how have they calculated the run? my swing speed is a little over 100 with my driver and i mostly hit the first green on a local course that is 300m (330yds). Our fairways are hard with very little grass so maybe our courses give us more run?

Very likely.   The table is fairly accurate at least for me (93 mph, 240 yards).   One course I frequent has so much run that I have to take two clubs short on certain holes.   Once I hit one for 310 yards as it rolled forever (although low launch angle and draw helped quite a bit).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Clean contact is a huge variable. I should be hitting it much father than I do with a SS of 115+, but since my smash factor sucks I lose a lot of distance.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!