IGNORED

Subtle Jerks Today

iacas
Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Played with what I'll call "subtle jerks" today in a lame $2 nassau with auto-two-down presses.

They were slow. They'd line each others putts up, but fail to do so while anyone else was putting. They'd crowd you on the tee box. They'd talk about all the hazards on a hole when you were first to play. They'd talk excessively to my ball in flight. They'd ground their club in hazards. They would take every second (and probably then some) to look for their balls. They well away from where they should have. One rolled a ball to his partner right in front of the green in the last seconds of my putting pre-shot routine (I am looking at the hole)... on the 16th green. My pre-shot routine doesn't change, so they had to be aware of what it was by then and the fact that I was going to be hitting my putt in the next six seconds.

It was never quite enough to say anything to them, but just enough to constantly irritate. I don't even think they were _really_ doing it on purpose. I can usually bear down and just think "screw these guys" to myself, but then again, I'm not sure I've ever played with anyone who just kept cutting it so close to that "say something/don't say something" line the entire time.

All I can do now is decide not to ever play with them again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played with a couple of guys like that before, One of them my buddies and I talked with and he has improved , and the other one, well...not playing golf with him much anymore.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

If they did a few times I wouldn't care - I dont take the game that seriously. But if it happens all day, it would get on my nerves. If they ground their club in a hazard, call it on them, pure and simple - two strokes, or they're out of the hole. Just follow the rules and you can't ever possibly be in the wrong - if they give you hell, just don't play with them anymore.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
If they did a few times I wouldn't care - I dont take the game

As I said, I'm already not going to play with them again. Getting into a pissing match over a $2 nassau wasn't worth it, so no, I wasn't going to "call them on it." Nobody that played the hole badly enough to be in the hazard ever won or tied a hole anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dang it, I read the subject line and thought this post would be about fly fishing.

When I go out early during the week I occasionally get stuck playing with an old guy that has some irritating habits. Things like playing a foot in front of the tee markers on every hole, playing the ball up, walking off the green while you still have 4 feet left. But we aren't playing for money and his antics only serve to limit him as a player so I just avoid him when I can.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!