• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon R

Is it okay to store golf clubs in a very cold garage over the winter?

2 posts in this topic

Just wondering if its okay to store golf clubs in my garage over the winter in Northern Minnesota, i heard they can rust from oxidation but the air up here isnt moist/humid so im not sure if this could happen or any other damage could happen to them

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Yeh the clubs would be okay, Maybe the grips would loose a tiny bit of their quality. Let them warm up a bit too though before swinging full tilt next season though as the glue holding the clubhead onto the shaft is simply more likely to give way when the clubs are very cold than when the weather is better. Anytime i have witnessed clubheads flying off the clubhead is in really cold conditions or if the clubs are defective by age or corrosion or indeed a combination of all. When the temperature is higher the metal expands slightly which makes the clubhead more secured to the rest of the club. Impact forces at high speed in warmer temperatures are much easier for the clubs in general.