IGNORED

Help me with diagnosing some divot issues!!

Note: This thread is 4131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right so in today's round I had two separate issues off the tee and I was wondering what they might be

1, With my 3 wood from the tee I hit the ball and it squirts out low and very short with a hole (not a divot) in front of the tee. I imagine I'm hitting down too much and compressing the ball into the grass in front. Any idea what might fix this? I think maybe I'm teeing back too far?

2, With a few irons on par 3's it came out a big hight right slice with a divot on the far side of the tee (i.e. if you were watching me from behind to follow the path of the shot the

divot was to the right of the tee). It felt like it was coming off the heel. Any ideas on what this is or the cause?

Thanks,

John

Check your ball position - it sounds as if it is too far back in your stance.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds like your casting from the top, and using hand-eye coordination to get the club to the ball. Without a pics or video. Its a guess using your cap as a benchmark.

Note: This thread is 4131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!