• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
concordeer

Tourny Prep

4 posts in this topic

What is your thought process or mental approach the evening before an important tournament or round?

I make sure I have a big meal - take a nice hot shower.  And get to bed early.  I like to eat a lot of carbs and lean meats the night before.  And then the day of - just eat light and drink a lot of fluids.

I also tend to do the pillow drill.  Where I prop a pillow up against the wall - like a couch pillow - and hit forward press chip shots into it.  Just to help educate my hands.  I get to a distance where the ball will hit the pillow and roll back to me.  So basically I can just stand there and hit dozens and dozens of shots over and over.  And really work on feeling the clubhead making impact with the ball.  And if I have enough time... I'll spend time rolling putts on my putting alley.

The short game is critical to scoring - and this is where I want to spend my 'crunch' time before a big event.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I try not to do too much different than any normal night otherwise it may reinforce how important it is and lead to extra nerves which may negatively impact sleep.

Read old posts on TST! What could be better