IGNORED

What's In The Bag For 2013 ?

KrazyTrain18
Note: This thread is 3863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver-Callaway diablo octane tour 11.5 Wood- Cleveland classic XL 3 wood 15.5 Hybrid- Taylor made rescue burner 3 19 Irons- callaway diablo edge irons 4-sw Wedges- Cleveland CG 16 60 & 64 Putter- Cleveland classic almost belly Bag-Callaway diablo stand bag Ball- pro v1x

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS, 8.5 degree stiff Fubuki. A great head, even set to 7.5 I've been able to hit it nice and high. Could use a new shaft, as I overpower the Fubuki a bit, but I believe this head will last me a couple years. Got it for half the price of a new driver when they released the speedline super LS. I'll be using this one to hit a bunch of 300 yarders this season, once our courses get some roll in the spring. Underrated head, IMO.

3W: 13.5 degree Mizuno MP650, stiff. A very anti left club, hard to get off the deck, still working on finding the right ball position and setup. But off the tee it's got a lot of speed and not too much spin, due to the titanium face. I don't see this replacing my driver on tight tee shots, but it's sure got the firepower to position me on a very difficult line to reach with my hybrid. And it's about as long off the deck as any club I could get on solid hits. Got it for similarly cheap as I did my others for the season. Needs a bit more shaft, especially in terms of weight.

Hybrid: 17 degree Adams super SS, stiff. A great club off the deck and very easy to hit off the tee. Picked it up as they released the new ones and got about half price. I need a bit more shaft to get the flight flattened, but it's pretty straight. Very forgiving, it's a great club for a stress free tee shot.

Irons: I've been accruing a set of Maltby TE irons with soft stepped X flex C tapers in them, and I look to finish my set with the 4, 6, and 8 irons this spring. They are about as good as money can buy, I can get plenty of height from the C tapers and they feel absolutely great. They also seem to keep the ball really straight, even though I feel I'm cutting the ball a lot I hit about a 2-5 yard pull fade with my 7 iron. Very consistent. Hard to tell how the ball will react on greens, but the height would seem to indicate I'll get plenty of check, even on my longer irons. I'll be looking to match the feel of my other clubs to these when I reshaft.

Ball: B330, I've switched from gamers this year and I like the performance around the greens. Haven't seen the flight on my long clubs yet, but I expect to be happy with them as long as I don't lose or shred too many. Perfect off the putter for me.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Replaced my R9 driver and 3 wood and switched around some wedges. Driver: 9.5 Callaway RAZR Fit Extreme X-Stiff 3 Wood: 14.5 Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Tour X-Stiff Irons: Mizuno MP32 3-pw with DG X-100's Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4 52, 56, 60 with DG X-300's Putter: Bettinardi BB8

Bag #1 (assembled in 2012)

Titleist Irons

Titleist Fairway 3

Titleist Hybrid 17

Ping Eye 2  - '1 iron' (secret weapon)

a couple of Vokey Wedges

Nike Driver  10.5

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2

Bag #2 (my old clubs from the '80s)

Ping Eye 2 irons

Taylor Made 3 Metalwood

Taylor Made 7 Metalwood

Taylor Made Driver

Tommy Armour putter

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18

Hey guys, I know there's a few master threads already, but just wanting to know what everyone has in the bag for 2013...I know mine is in my sig but I'll type it out anyway:

I've been playing a Ping G5 driver (9°, regular flex) for the past few years. I thought that I would upgrade this winter, but as hard as it is to believe, I have won THREE drivers since last October.  First, I won a TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 (10.5°, regular flex) at a banquet as a door prize. Then I won a TaylorMade R11 (10.5°, regular flex) from a golf website contest. Finally, I won a TaylorMade RocketBallz (9.5°, stiff shaft) at the Pittsburgh Golf Show. When it rains, it pours! I will give each of them a try-out, and then probably give one of them to my golfing buddy who is also looking for a driver.

I actually have four complete sets of golf clubs in my repertoire. One that I use from April to October, and a second that I use from October to April. The other two sets I call "guest bags" for relatives who come into town and don't bring a set of clubs to play.  I do pull those sets out of the basement dungeon once or twice a year, just so they can see the light of day. The basic clubs that I use are in my signature.

I rotate four different putters in and out of the bag that I am using, (Ping B60 and Anser 2, Odyssey XG #9 and White Steel 2-Ball),  and this year I have gone back to a traditional right-hand low style after playing the last 15 years cross-handed (left-hand low). In addition, I put a jumbo putter grip on the Anser 2, and have been trying the "claw" grip, similar to what Phil Mickelson is currently using.  Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Replaced my Burner Buperfast 2.0 driver (9.5*), with a new 2012 Cobra Amp (9.5*) stock stiff shaft Replaced my Callaway Squareway 3 wood with a "new to me" RBZ 3 wood, stock stiff shaft. Replaced my Ping G5 , 3 hybrid (19*), with a "new to me" RBZ 3 hybrid, stock stiff shaft. Still trying to figure out if i should get another RBZ hybrid in either 22* or 25*. Rest of the bag is unchanged Taylormade R7 irons 5-pw Cleveland CG11 56* Vokey spin milled 52* & 60* Odyssey 2 ball black i series putter

My first post but ill give it a shot. Cobra amp cell driver. 9.5 Cobra amp cell 3-4 wood 13-16 degree Cobra 4 hybrid 22 degree Cobra 5 hybrid 25 degree Cobra 6 hybrid 28 degree Cobra 7 hybrid 31 degree Cobra 8 iron 35 degree Cobra 9 iron 39 degree Cobra PW. 43 degree Vokey. 48 degree Vokey. 52 degree Vokey 56 degree Vokey. 60 degree Scotty Cameron California .20 gram weights. This will be my third season learning golf. My best roun last year was 76. We play a lot of cash games which can make you learn pretty quickly. My goal this year is 72.

I am looking at a new driver but besides that everything should be the same.

Driver: Taylor Made burner superfast 2.0 with graffalloy prolaunch red Regular shaft

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ stock stiff shaft

hybrid: 18* adams a12 pro with adilla rip vs proto hybrid stiff shaft

irons: 4-pw mizuno jpx 800 pro with kbs tour stiff + 1/2 inch

wedges: 52, 56, 60 bridgestone WC kbs hi rev

putter: Odyssey white ice 2 ball

ball: Srixon z star

grips: golfpride red VDR

I like the AMP so far. I have 7 rounds with it this season, and am getting around the same distance as was with my 2.0 (maybe 5 yards less, both are 9.5*). However, I am a little more accurate with the AMP. I basically traded a little distance for a little accuracy. I have the stock stiff shaft in both clubs, 55g RIP in the AMP, REAX 4.8 in the 2.0. Compared to the AMP the 2.0 feels a little whippy. I think the 2.0 is an inch longer so that could be a factor. The AMP is adjuatable (closed, neutral, open) where the 2.0 is not. I set the AMP to closed which could be behind the increased accuaracy I have seen vs the 2.0. Hope this helped.

Originally Posted by Shortylook

R11s 9.5deg r flex driver neutral setting

R11s 3 wood r flex neutral setting

Taylormade rescue 3 18 deg

Mizuno MP-59 4i - pw

Taylormade ATV wedge's 54deg 60deg

Odyssey white hot 2 ball putter

All left handed

Callaway towel

Footjoy glove

Nike golf shoes

Wilson staff dx3 balls

Clicgear 3.0 cart

Oakley antix sunglasses

Solar umbrella

Tees of every variety

Footjoy superlites

odyssey 2ball metal x putter

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

See my sig-same for last two years. I know-except for the hybrids it looks like it came from a bad garage sale. I might get a new wedge this year and may start out putting with an old Anser 2 I have been practicing with.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Also I am thinking my core less expensive ball this year might be the Titleist DT SOLO. At least I am gonna try a dozen to start and will continue to use Bridgestones and the occasional sleeve of PRO V1's for "serious" events--well as serious as I get anyway.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Also I guess outside the bag, but I really want to walk more and try some True or Ecco shoes this year.

Don

In the bag:

Well no changes this year.

But during the last season my whole bag changed, last change irons

i was playing the old Taylormade Tour Preferred irons

now playing Mizuno MP 59

I was thinking on changing out my woods but didn't

because i get the best numbers with the TM R11 TP

i was playing the Wilson FG Tour balls but went with TM Penta TP5

because off spin control

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

had the same set for like 10 years now.  going to get a new set soon.  right now this is what im working with:

Driver:  Cleveland 460 Comp Launcher 9* with Grafalloy Stiff Blue

3 Wood:  Taylormade Burner

Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue

3-PW:  Titleist 690.cb
54* Vokey Spin Milled

60* Cleveland 588*

Putter:  Ping Karsten

Ball:  whatever is on sale

Note: This thread is 3863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!