IGNORED

Ever had one hole you could never nail?

gaz d
Note: This thread is 6139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On my course, a 9 hole short par 66. I have parred almost every hole and birdied a couple too. Except the 8th hole,a 367yard,par 4,index 3,very steep green from left to right almost impossile to hold a ball on. I hit it in 2 but it rolls off to the right every time.then i chip on and 2 putt for bogey. I just cant nail it!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

If it slopes from left to right just miss to the right and leave an easier uphill chip/putt. Should'nt be too hard on such a short hole.

I don't think there are any particular holes in my head anymore. Though the course I just played had a few nasty ones sure to give me a headache in the future.

My colleges home course Walker at Clemson University, hole #9 is possibly the hardest golf hole I have ever played. It plays 446 yards from the tips, and includes a second shot over a lake on a sharp dogleg left. Just look at it on the layout.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

yea my home course, I parred it like 5-6 times and I've played over 100 rounds their.

It's the eighth hole, and it's a really really narrow 190 yard par 3...Tough hole, water extends out all the way to the green, so it's about a 185 carry over the water to the hole...I always put it into the drink...lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

"Have I ever had a hole I could never nail?"

Hmmm let me think about that one...

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

LOL
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

yea my home course, I parred it like 5-6 times and I've played over 100 rounds their.

Thats crazy hard, I guess you either par it or double bogey it.

I dont even know what club I would use, probably a 5 iron.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Number 18 at Fox Run. I've put my sob story about this hole on this forum before. My big score is usually from either putting a ball in the creek off the tee, or putting five or six balls in the lake trying to carry 200 yards to the green. Best I've ever gotten there is a 6, and it's usually an ESC 7, anyway.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Kilkarney Hills #11, my home course. It's a 570 yd par 5, dogleg right. It's flat and straight away for 390 yds, and than drastically uphill to the right. Off a good drive, it's possible to get up the hill level with the green about 75 yds out, but it requires a 6 iron or more over 50 foot tall pine trees. The other option is 150-200 yds uphill 30 ft. I've played the course probably 30 times so far this year and have yet to hold the green.

"Have I ever had a hole I could never nail?"

Dirty Minded!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Mine is a standard par 3 w/ a lake/pond in front of the green. Playing yesterday I somehow hooked the ball O.B. with my tee shot, then it rolled back off the green into the drink on my drop!

I have two that I play weekly at two different courses.

#13 at White Lake Oaks is a 400 yard par 4. There is a 90 degree dog leg right with a pond inside the dog leg. To cut the corner requires a big slice that carrys about 280. If you fade it too soon you are in unplayabe trees. If you hit it too far you go through the fairway and again are unplayable in the trees. The smart shot is a layup as far as you can down the right side of the fairway. A good shot will leave you 195-200 into the toughest green on the course. It slopes severely up from fron to back. Side hills are nearly impossible to judge. Above the hole is a killer. Oh yeah...the entire left side is wet lands and trees that are brutal. The only bail out is right of the green or short. Even right is tight because the 14th tee is there and protected by a couple big trees. I have been playing this course an average of 15-20 times each year for 12 years. In that time I have only parred it 6 or 7 times and birdied it once. I have made 7 or higher more times than I care to remember. I trippled it yesterday enroute to a +7 42.

#1 at Heather Highlands is a 220 yard Par 3. It often plays into a cross breeze or into the wind. The entire right side is lined with Heather. If you go in there you are lucky to find it, much less advance it. Left is OK, but there are some big trees that can preven you from shooting at the flag. Once you get there, the green has three tiers. If you end up on the wrong one, good luck getting it close. Compounding this is the fact that it's the first hole and often times I am comming right from work with just enough time to get on my glove, tee up a ball and take a couple practice swings. I hit my 3 Hybrid because I tend to draw it and can take most of the trouble out of the way. The best angle if you miss the green however is from the front right. That's the lowest tier and you can putt to the others from there. #6 is a 219 yard Par 3 that runs parallel in the opposite direction. My season averages are 4.6 on #6 and 4.5 on #1. I took an 8 on number 1 a couple weeks ago and ended up shooting a +10.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

P3R3, You are dead on with #9 being one of the hardest. I graduated from Clemson in 03' and I had just started playing golf in college and wasn't very good. I never played good on that hole. I have been wanting to get back up there and play Walker now that I am a little better at golf. I think I would actually enjoy myself now that I can kind of keep it in the fairway.

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

Note: This thread is 6139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!