• Announcements

    • iacas

      GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

      Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clearwaterms

Are the adjustable hostel golf club tools interchangeable amongst different

5 posts in this topic

I purchased a titleist 910f without a tool and a Nike covert with the tool, can i use the Nike tool on the titleist club head? Does anybody know if any of the club manufacturers share the tools? They all look pretty similar.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

No, you can give titliest a call and they can send you one. 800-742-7609
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by RichardR

No, you can give titliest a call and they can send you one. 800-742-7609

*Update* to this thread.

This is incorrect advice.  The manufacturers don't recommend using other brand's tools, but after speaking to a sales person at Golf Galaxy, he just laughed and said that they are all basically the same.  To prove the point, he grabbed clubs from 3 different clubs demo bins (Nike, Titleist, Taylor Made) made adjustments to each using a TM tool and proceeded to hit balls with each and said, that he only carries the one tool with him and they have not had any failures as a result of the tool yet.

I have used my nike tool on my titleist club with NO ill effects.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

*Update* to this thread.

This is incorrect advice.  The manufacturers don't recommend using other brand's tools, but after speaking to a sales person at Golf Galaxy, he just laughed and said that they are all basically the same.  To prove the point, he grabbed clubs from 3 different clubs demo bins (Nike, Titleist, Taylor Made) made adjustments to each using a TM tool and proceeded to hit balls with each and said, that he only carries the one tool with him and they have not had any failures as a result of the tool yet.

I have used my nike tool on my titleist club with NO ill effects.

Just because the sales person at Golf Galaxy is lazy doesn't mean that the tools "should" be used on different manufacturers clubs.  These tools have a built in torque settings which could be different for each manufacturer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Just because the sales person at Golf Galaxy is lazy doesn't mean that the tools "should" be used on different manufacturers clubs.  These tools have a built in torque settings which could be different for each manufacturer.


You are correct - the Torque settings could be different, and it wouldn't suprise me if they were.  However, I have found that in practice, if the shoe fits... (and in the case of the titleist and Nike, it's the same nut size)

FYI - here is a thread from the "other" golf forum, where people have tested and the TM white tool that is designed for shafts (not the yellow that is designed for club head weights) and the titleist tool both torque to 40#/in.  In effect, the tools ARE the same.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/555767-taylor-made-and-titleist-torque-wrench-experts/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0