IGNORED

Random gripe

Mattplusness
Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/48180-4117

48180 is the area code.

Today was the first time I got to go out, and it was an early season par 3 scramble. The only day this week it's going to rain was today. And it poured ALL day.

Played through it and we shot +17 with a partner who hasn't played in 3 years. I'm not complaining, but it's frustrating because I wanted to try and get a judge of how this season would go.

Regardless, I was throwing darts the first few holes... then when I started to get wet the club started slipping and my bandaid on my thumb (blisters from the range) started giving away. When it stopped when we went in at the turn I came back and was knocking em on again.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by Mattplusness

.. then when I started to get wet the club started slipping and my bandaid on my thumb (blisters from the range) started giving away.

If you are going to play in a steady rain, purchase some rain gloves (you get gloves for both hands).  They really work.  The key is to make the rain gloves soaking wet.  Once they are wet they grip the club very well.  I have had a pair for some time and when I must play in a steady rain, they are a real life saver.

I have been thinking about only wearing one (on my left hand - right handed golfer) to make the feel more like regular play.  Next time I play in a downpour I will give it a try.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find I play better in the rain, with no gloves.  I do have Winn DriTac gloves so they hold up pretty well.  I find that my swing is more steady when I'm worrying about the club flying out of my hands!

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

Not to throw in too much of an off-topic complaint, but there was 3 inches of snow on the ground on May 1st here in Nebraska. We have a tee time this Saturday, but the forecast is 40 degrees, 20 mph wind, 60% chance of rain. Weird weather this year.

Driver:  :adams: super S

Fairway Woods: :tmade: RBZ 15* 3 wood

Hybrids:  :tmade: Burner 2.0 18* 3H, :adams: A7OS 22* 4H, :adams: A7OS 25* 5H

Irons: :adams: A7OS 6-PW

Wedges:  :cleve: 588 RTX 50* GW, :cleve: 588 BeCu 56* SW

Putter:  :odyssey: White Hot XG #7 2.0

Originally Posted by bkuehn1952

If you are going to play in a steady rain, purchase some rain gloves (you get gloves for both hands).  They really work.  The key is to make the rain gloves soaking wet.  Once they are wet they grip the club very well.  I have had a pair for some time and when I must play in a steady rain, they are a real life saver.

I have been thinking about only wearing one (on my left hand - right handed golfer) to make the feel more like regular play.  Next time I play in a downpour I will give it a try.

I have to agree, rain gloves are a must.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by BioGolfNebraska

Not to throw in too much of an off-topic complaint, but there was 3 inches of snow on the ground on May 1st here in Nebraska. We have a tee time this Saturday, but the forecast is 40 degrees, 20 mph wind, 60% chance of rain. Weird weather this year.

In your case I recommend special golf "snow" gloves.  They look a lot like mittens.  ;)

Brian Kuehn

http://www.amazon.com/FootJoy-Mens-RainGrip-Weather-Glove/dp/B00667PQO6

Something like this, so i guess there weather gloves. Being in the united states, and a sane person, i would only use them when its raining, but i guess you could use them when its sleeting, snowing, hailing, fire and brimestone maybe

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!