IGNORED

Sonartec GS Tour woods

Note: This thread is 6132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

anyone try these fairway woods? I was hitting one at the PGA Superstore a couple weeks ago and ended up buying one on ebay. It is unbelievable!! I'm probably 80% more accurate than with my 904F and at least 20 yards longer and I didn't change anything in my swing.

I did get the Graphite Design Red Ice 70X shaft vs. my V2 Xstiff that was in the Titleist, but it changed my long game dramatically. If I wouldn't have had 35 putts both of my last two rounds, I would have broke 70 both rounds.

If you're a low handicap, I'd give it a try. The dispersion pattern on my shots has tightened dramatically and like I said, I'm pulling it out from 250 and hitting it on the green or back fringe consistently, where I wasn't getting anywhere near greens on par 5's like this before. I've hit 2 par 5's in the past 2 rounds from 253 both times, one was left of the hole by 15 feet and the other rolled past the pin onto the back fringe...both birdies.

I also hit it off the tee up to 275 a couple times and most times, I'm between 250-265 consistently and dead straight.

I've heard the Tour Edge Exotics are even better, but they are $350 in the stores and I don't need to spend that type of cash. I got this, with only a couple hits on it for $137 on ebay.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I've been a big fan of Sonartec's for years now. The GS Tour is a great club and I'm really looking forward to the new HB-001 Hybrid as well!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It really was a remarkable difference for me. Haven't felt this way since I hit the first Great Big Bertha in the mid 90's...with the difference from steel heads to Titanium. I've played for 27 years out of my 33 and was simply amazed. maybe it's a combo with that shaft, but it was a big difference.

are the wedges that good as well? I pretty much like my Clevelands, but saw you have the Sonartec wedges in your bag.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• 2 weeks later...
are the wedges that good as well? I pretty much like my Clevelands, but saw you have the Sonartec wedges in your bag.

Excellent! I love the low glare finish, the durability is great and adds just enough spin but doesn't chew up balls.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!