IGNORED

Hi all, new golfer from West Sussex, England.

jampal
Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,

Just in my second year playing Golf, Rugby was my sport for many years, but the knocks took their toll and eventually I decided i needed a gentler game to play. I got the bug pretty bad and joined a club a couple of months ago (Brighton and Hove). Even though it's the oldest club in Sussex It's a very friendly club -  which dispelled some of my fears about stuffy old club houses with too many rules.

My handicap is just starting to come down now, as I slowly manage to break 100 more frequently. So I'm getting excited about the summer and intend to capitalise on my high handicap as long as it lasts :-) I already get called a bandit off the tee, as being a big lad I can smack it one, by the time I've four putted the "bandit banter" tends to subside though. Drive for show, putt for dough.

Cheers all,

James.

Hi, yes bandh also have the odd round at Surrey national, a couple of mates are members there. What about you? James

Originally Posted by jampal

Hi, yes bandh also have the odd round at Surrey national, a couple of mates are members there.

What about you?

James

I haven't joined a club in Surrey so I am playing in public courses around where I live in Richmond.

I will be going to Wentworth PGA this Saturday after winning the tickets in a lucky draw. Might see you there!

Originally Posted by rowlf

I haven't joined a club in Surrey so I am playing in public courses around where I live in Richmond.

I will be going to Wentworth PGA this Saturday after winning the tickets in a lucky draw. Might see you there!

Oh you lucky *** I was hoping to get to Wentworth this weekend, but no chance, family commitments have taken over.

If you do venture away from Richmond, Surrey national and also Westerham are fantastic tracks. Well worth a short drive.

Note: This thread is 4148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!