IGNORED

Swing Setter by Leadbetter

Note: This thread is 6529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anybody have any opinions on this device? I saw an infomercial on the golf channel for it yesterday. Looks nifty...but can it/does it work? The Swing Setter by David Leadbetter.

Thanks

Yeah it seems pretty cool. The one I can't stand is the one with Adam Scott and Greg Norman......I forget the name.........but it's like this sliding board thing. Looks so stupid.

Yeah it seems pretty cool. The one I can't stand is the one with Adam Scott and Greg Norman......I forget the name.........but it's like this sliding board thing. Looks so stupid.

Ive seen that before. Will never be used by me.

Mike Fisher
email me PGAfan790@aol.com

[QUOTE=PowerXSwing]

Has anyone tried the Speedstik? I saw the infomercial and thought it looked pretty cool. I work for a guy that does TV fitness spots for the Detroit NBC affiliate and I e-mailed the company and asked them if they wanted some exposure for their product and they sent me two of them. I have been using the red one and it is a great warm up device. I have seen an increase in the speed on the gauge and my distance does seem up a little this year. I have not been too consistent with it as it is now in my truck and not in my office where I would have time to swing it daily.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

They sent them to you free of charge?

We are going to feature them on one of his fitness spots on the morning news. One 90 second spot would sell for $2000, so $200 worth of speedstiks isn't to big a price to pay. I have also been working on them with some of my clients and that will sell them 5-10 right there. They will probably sell 500-1000 when the piece airs.

Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

We are going to feature them on one of his fitness spots on the morning news. One 90 second spot would sell for $2000, so $200 worth of speedstiks isn't to big a price to pay. I have also been working on them with some of my clients and that will sell them 5-10 right there. They will probably sell 500-1000 when the piece airs.

If I could run a 90 sec spot and get 500-1000 units sold, I'd be interested. Tell me more about how and who to get in touch with.

I really like the idea you have with the X-Swing. Have you talked with Erik about us possibly writing a review of your product?

hi Brian,

We are in the process of arranging field demos for the PowerXSwing. We've had offers from a few magazines. We're really trying to set something up with Golf Magazine though. Once we get a schedule, we hope to work everybody in. Dan

If I could run a 90 sec spot and get 500-1000 units sold, I'd be interested. Tell me more about how and who to get in touch with.

Dan,

I work for Peter Nielsen. He does fitness and health related spots on WDIV in Detroit which is the local NBC affiliate. He also has a 30 minute prime time show that will be syndicated nationally starting in the Fall. He has featured several golf fitness related and the response has always been good. I will talk to him about what we can do for you. Feel free to e-mail me at nielsenpt@sbcglobal.net and we can talk further about getting you some exposure for the product.

Well I ended up buying a swingsetter from my local golf shop. I can honestly say that it really helped me out. I was skeptical at first...but said, what the hell...so I bought it...about a week ago. If you buy it online or from the TV infomercial, it comes with a DVD that has drills and specific instructions from Leadbetter for you to practice. Since I bought mine at the golf shop, it did not come with a DVD...so i had to go online and get it(free) from the swingsetter website. I am still waiting for it.

But just from swinging it for a week, it has really helped. I went to the range today, and I hit the ball straight more than I ever have. I used to have the nastiest slice ever...I still slice it but it is very miniscule...they are still worthy of the fairway. I hit a couple this afternoon past the 300 yd. marker. I was soo happy.

I am still needing a lot of help though...I hooked a couple...sliced a few pretty drasticly. I am hoping that when that DVD comes in...it will give me a few more pointers to work on...so I can be more consistent.

Later!
Corey

• 1 year later...
Getting back to the 'Swingsetter', I got one for my birthday a couple of weeks ago (BTW, It was nice to get a Birthday greeting from this forum).
Since working with it, my swing has really got a lot better. The main improvement is in my timing (which is the real claim to fame from the Swingsetter') I feel much more confident that I'm swinging on the right track and that my release is timed much better.
Additional improvements come from my grip and posture.
Putting it all together has consistently resulted in a much better shape of shot, with an accompanying increase in distance.
So far, I've only played in one competition with my 'New' swing, where although I was striking it really well, I couldn't buy a putt to save my life, so the nett score was much the same as before.
However, I've got a game on tomorrow, and I'm feeling really confident!
Should I make an acknowledgement in my winners speech? (ho-hum....)

Note: This thread is 6529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!