IGNORED

WILD WILD Round!!!!

Bump-n-MI
Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’ll preface this by saying I in no way shape or form condone gambling

We have money games Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays (they range from $10 - $30 and we get between 10 and 24 guys).  I have a standing $10 bet (stroke play) with another guy and we typically pay out at the end of each month.  He called me up Saturday pm and wanted to go double or nothing (because I was up $70) and of course I obliged because I was playing with house money.

Front 9:

1-bogie

2-bogie

3-bogie (at this point I thought I was cooked, he was even)

4-birdie

5-birdie

6-birdie

7-par (only par on the front)

8-bogie

9-birdie

36 on the front with one par.  My counterpart shot a 37.

Back 9:

10-par

11-bogie

12-par

13-birdie

14-par

15-par

16-birdie (-1 at this point and my counterpart was +4)

17-took a 9 on a par 4 (we were all square)

18-birdie to win the match

Shot 75 with 7 birdies and was +5 on one hole.  Roller-coaster ride for sure but at least I fattened up my wallet (not only from doubling up with that guy but from getting 7 birdies in our normal money game).  My scoring average is just under 73 for the year but I only average 3 birdies a round.  That is the first time I've ever had 7 birdies in a round…just too bad I couldn't put a complete game together!

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Now go back and think about your round and see if any of those bogies were your fault, for example trying to force a shot into a tight spot, short sided, ect... If your that good a lot of times those bogies are taking just a bit to much risk. If not, then maybe short game is what you need to tame the bogies down.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Bump-n-MI

I’ll preface this by saying I in no way shape or form condone gambling

We have money games Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays (they range from $10 - $30 and we get between 10 and 24 guys).  I have a standing $10 bet (stroke play) with another guy and we typically pay out at the end of each month.  He called me up Saturday pm and wanted to go double or nothing (because I was up $70) and of course I obliged because I was playing with house money.

Front 9:

1-bogie

2-bogie

3-bogie (at this point I thought I was cooked, he was even)

4-birdie

5-birdie

6-birdie

7-par (only par on the front)

8-bogie

9-birdie

36 on the front with one par.  My counterpart shot a 37.

Back 9:

10-par

11-bogie

12-par

13-birdie

14-par

15-par

16-birdie (-1 at this point and my counterpart was +4)

17-took a 9 on a par 4 (we were all square)

18-birdie to win the match

Shot 75 with 7 birdies and was +5 on one hole.  Roller-coaster ride for sure but at least I fattened up my wallet (not only from doubling up with that guy but from getting 7 birdies in our normal money game).  My scoring average is just under 73 for the year but I only average 3 birdies a round.  That is the first time I've ever had 7 birdies in a round…just too bad I couldn't put a complete game together!

75 with 7 birdies?!   Good grief.

Way to hang in there after the tough start!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!