IGNORED

wrist tendonitis??

Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

anyone else have to deal with this annoyance on a regular basis?? how do you overcome it?? i normally take a few ibuprofen and have a stretch but it still can become a nightmare on the course - work has ruined my wrist its in constant pain and sunday at the course it really affected my play - i could not even practice swing without almost yelling the pain was so severe - i almost killed someone on the green of a previous hole and dropped my driver after i hit it more than once....its so frustrating if anyone has any advice id love to hear it!!

Rest it. Ice it after activities. Wear a wrist brace when you sleep. Anti-inflammatories can help too. It all helps speed up the healing, which could take a while.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by billatthebar

ive heard icing it makes things way more painful

You mean ice in general? Who told you that?

Get an MRI to really find out what's wrong with it. There are million things that can go wrong with a hand/wrist.

Constantine

yeah i heard for tendinitis heat pads work well, I'm guna pick up some muscles creams aswell as ive heard they can work wonders! i just wish there was something more permanent other than surgery which doesnt even work half the time anyway

Heat's good too. How old is the injury? Anyway, you really should see a doctor. It helps psychologically, if nothing else.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

i tried a doc before but they basically told me there was nothing they cud do, just take anti inflamitories etc...2 years old probably i have good days and bad days and some terrible days one day i couldnt even hold my guitar and was in agony! i will go back to the doc and see what else i can get done i guess, i dont like worrying if ill be able to finish a round of golf or not lol

And MRI really helps, man. You'll know what it is. That really helps me. If I'm self-diagnosing on the internet, I can imagine all sorts of things that are wrong with it. The type of stress that arises from that can affect other things psychologically. There's something to be said about knowing exactly what the problem is. It's been two years. You should find out what the deal is. Then they can prescribe a plan to get this fixed.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!