IGNORED

driver issues..

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got a Cleveland Launcher Ti460 driver for my birthday, and I
went to the range yesterday. I don't have a really fast swing speed
and was getting really good drives from the club. You can pick them
up for $149.99, although you may have a hard time finding one to try
out locally. I got a 10.5* with Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue in R flex. I
think the shaft is helping me get a good launch. My better hits were
landing around the farthest marker at the range, which is 230 yards.

--Will
In my bag:

Driver: Launcher 460Ti 10.5° ProLaunch R Flex
Woods: Launcher 3 wood 15°, Old Golfsmith 5 and 7 woods I built
Irons: Big Bertha X-12 Irons 3-PWedge: 588 Gunmetal Sand Wedge 56°Putter: B60i putter

The taylormade burner is the highest launching driver I have ever used. My 10.5* goes HIGH, though the shaft length is a little unwieldy. Also take a look at the big Bertha 460 and the Adams Insight BUL.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

havent hiut the burner yet - its pon my list - i liked the adams - but it was in a simulator - I hate simulators....... The cleveland stuff I dont seem to have any luck with...

havent hiut the burner yet - its pon my list - i liked the adams - but it was in a simulator - I hate simulators....... The cleveland stuff I dont seem to have any luck with...

The adams BUL is the best deal in golf man. Right now you get a free fairway wood when you buy it, the wood alone is worth $200 and you get the driver. If I was buying rigt now I would either get the BUL or the BTY.

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Just went to gold galaxy - hit the Adams BUL and BTY the bul 3 woood, the TM Burner and the cobra ld - was not hitting the adams very well. On the simulator the cobra and the burner were getting the same disatnce - roughly 240 yards - I seemed to be gettinga straighter ball flight with the cobra, where the burner was either rihght or left, im guessing do to the longer shaft????? I liked both drivers alot - but the sound of the cobra is annoying..................

I want to go buy tomorrow - unsure of what to go with...

Sounds to me that your money may be better spent on lessons. Buying a driver without hitting it on a launch monitor is a waste of money, although a launch monitor is only going to be able to fit you properly if you have a consistent, repeatable swing. From what I have read on this thread, it doesn't sound to me like you have either. No point in wasting $300+ on a new driver just because you hit it well one day.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Really???... a golf pro told you this? If you are hitting 180yd worm burners no driver in the world is going to help you, regardless of loft or shaft kickpoint. If your mind is set on buying a new driver, then I would suggest still getting fit at a facility that has a launch monitor. At least you will know which driver suits your swing. I would also recommend a facility that has some sort of fitting cart that allows to you try different shafts in different heads. Something like the Callaway Opti-Fit system. Dont spend $300+ on a driver "off the shelf" when you can get fit and have any manufacturer build the driver to your specs for free. Most places wont charge for the launch monitor or fitting if you purchase the club from them. The only downside to this is that you may have to wait a week or two to get your new stick.
In My Bag
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

I'm gonna throw this out there, try these too if you have not:
1.) Callaway Big Bertha 460
2.) Cleveland HiBore XL
3.) Srixons driver offering (i hit these just as well as the big boys)
4.) R7 Draw
5.) Retry all the ones you have tried!

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

The Callaway X Hot is nothing more than a line of oversized fairway woods. They are pretty good sticks though. If you are having alot of trouble hitting driver then something a little more lofted like a 3wood may help you keep it in the fairway. Just remember that the X Hot 3wood is 44" long stock, so you might not find much directional improvement with your shots. All in all, a great club though.
In My Bag

Sorry I didn't read all the posts (4 pages is too many) so if some one has mentioned these before then I appologize.

First thing, when you make contact, is it in the "sweet spot" or atleast near it? Get some impact tape/stickers to see where you are contacting the ball on the clubface. You want to figure out if it is an equipement issue or a swing issue. If you are not making good contact, it doesn't matter what driver you use, the results are not going to be good.

I want you to try one thing the next time you are at the range. Take your normal setup, but when you go to set your grip instead of having the club right behind the ball put the club right in the middle of your stance in front of you. Set your grip and then move your clubhead to you start position just behind the ball.

This is going to do 2 things, first is it will help your with your alignment, the second is that it is going to make sure your grip isn't skewed because of ball position.

Went out again today and tried a bunch of clubs - I got a store to put me on a launch monitor - really nice sales guy helped me - he recommended I tried out these clubs

cobra speed ld 10.5
taylormade r7 460 10.5
Callaway X460 10 AND 13
R7 DRAW 10.5 AND HT
BIG BERTHA 460 11 and 13

The r7 draw HT gave me the best result, long and pretty straight.. I was still getting a few slices from time to time but for the most part straight..

I went straight to the range afterwards and i was shocked at how similar the results were, I was hitting the 250 yard flags pretty ocnsistently for a newbie..... I am definitley loving life right now and cannot wait to go play tomorrow - Thanks for every bodies help!!!

Sweet you took my suggestion

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Fix your swing. New clubs are not usually the answer.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

The new club was the answer for me. Maybe i dont have the perfect swing - but at least i can enjoy myself more when im on the course witha little help from this club.... It is a game and it should be fun and relaxing - if a new club makes you at least feel like your playing better - thats huge -- anyway they say this game is what -like 80% mental???

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!