Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cleveland RTX CB Black Pearl wedge.

1 post in this topic

I have Cleveland CG 14 wedges in 56* and 60*. The 56* is my scoring wedge! I have a lot of confidence with it around the green. How much better would the new RTX cavity back wedges be?

Are the ROTEX grooves any better than the ZIP grooves on the CG 14s?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I would say over multiple days the lower handicapper would have an advantage. But in a one day tournament, the higher handicappers, will typically win the low net in a tournament.  Especially if there are lots of them. I'm in the worst of boats in most touaments, I shoot from 74-82 most days, typically around 77. With my 5-6 handicap I'm usually not low enough to win a gross event nor will my net score be low enough to overcome someone who will be more than 3 or 4 under net.  but luckily most of our club tournaments are flighted so I have a better chance. But the group I play in on the weekends, all have similar handicaps and we play our money matches with no strokes. Which is preferable to me.        
    • Now that colder temps are approaching, although weather seems to go up and down lately, what does everyone do to keep warm when playing? That is, if you play. And why not plan a trip to a warmer clime, let's say Florida, California, Oregon, Texas, the Southeast, and Southwest, so you can get your golf fix. But even in those climes, the weather is liable to get chili, wet, and windy. What I typically do is layer, so as conditions change, the clothes change during a round. Over the years, I've accumulated "stuff" for winter/spring golf. I found a merino wool baselayer top, and also have a polyester baselayer, over that I will use a heavier polo like State Apparel, then a lambswool pullover zip sweater (proquipgolfusa), and a goretex shell. For pants, why not cords? I also use State Apparel pants - a heavier poly pant with places to wipe off mud and some water resistance. I found a pair of Adidas Thermo golf shoes last year. I pack a winter beanie, a bucket hat for rain, and Footjoy Winter and Callaway Rain Gloves - whatever was on sale at the time. For socks, I go wool - Kentwool. I am ready for Bandon .... just need a game. lol. What works for you? Plan that trip, if possible, so you get a golf break from old man Winter.
    • The new i blades are pretty cool looking and do not have the shovel look to them.  Also cool but not new are the S55's.  I am a Ping guy but have branched out and really like my Miura's and Mizuno's. Go browsing and see what looks good to you, then see what you hit good out of those and then it will be up to you on get some new irons or stay with the trusty G2's. Good luck on your search and keep us posted.
    • I'm sure this is a minor complaint, but the printing on the costco ball is kind of crummy looking. 
    • Like @CarlSpackler said Ping has the color chart system. You said you have black dots? You can take your own measurements at home and see if if the length and lie are correct for you. It's an inexpensive way to do it. Length and lie are pretty cheap fixes to make.  To answer your question simply, no I don't think you're missing out with old irons. My first set of irons (which I still have as backups) were from the 1990's. The only reason I upgraded was because the lofts on the modern irons are much stronger, and it allowed me to get rid of the 4-iron.    
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Jmwest76
      (40 years old)
    2. Mikael Detterberg
      Mikael Detterberg
      (34 years old)
    3. SBrown
      (26 years old)
    4. scottyarcy
      (33 years old)