IGNORED

Am I being ripped off?

Note: This thread is 3924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone. I'm just after a bit of advice on some golf clubs really. I'm fairly new to golf and have just started to get a real taste for the sport recently. The clubs that I currently own are pretty crap to be honest. I have been offered a full set on Ping G10s + Ping putter for £400. They are like new, basically pristine. I just don't know if it is a good deal. Also, are they good clubs for a beginner? Any advice at all will be appreciated. Thanks...

400 quid, or 608USD seems a little high for a 5 year old model set. I don't know how much clubs cost in the UK, but if it includes a driver it seems like an okay price. They are game improvement clubs. Hope you get something you like.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Much too much.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Thanks for your replies.

They seem to think that they bought them for nearly £1500 when new, and that the putter was £200 alone.

My clubs now are really bad, quite a miss-match. Got a Nike SQ driver, a very old Taylormade wood, old Hippo irons and a Dunlop putter - so I'm pretty desperate for new clubs.

Here's a couple of images of them:

They probably did pay that much 6 years ago when they were released but $600USD is a high price in the states.  You can get newer clubs at a lower cost on sites like Global Golf, 3Balls or even eBay if you're careful.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!