• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tangerine

Am I being ripped off?

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I'm just after a bit of advice on some golf clubs really. I'm fairly new to golf and have just started to get a real taste for the sport recently. The clubs that I currently own are pretty crap to be honest. I have been offered a full set on Ping G10s + Ping putter for £400. They are like new, basically pristine. I just don't know if it is a good deal. Also, are they good clubs for a beginner? Any advice at all will be appreciated. Thanks...

400 quid, or 608USD seems a little high for a 5 year old model set. I don't know how much clubs cost in the UK, but if it includes a driver it seems like an okay price. They are game improvement clubs. Hope you get something you like.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for your replies.

They seem to think that they bought them for nearly £1500 when new, and that the putter was £200 alone.

My clubs now are really bad, quite a miss-match. Got a Nike SQ driver, a very old Taylormade wood, old Hippo irons and a Dunlop putter - so I'm pretty desperate for new clubs.

Here's a couple of images of them:

They probably did pay that much 6 years ago when they were released but $600USD is a high price in the states.  You can get newer clubs at a lower cost on sites like Global Golf, 3Balls or even eBay if you're careful.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades