IGNORED

Where have all the PC golf games gone?

Vector Zero
Note: This thread is 3328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's difficult to compare the two at this point because The Golf Club has a 12 month head start in terms of development and so, in terms of features, Perfect Golf is currently a long way behind. However, it PG has excellent potential and has received mostly positive reviews on Steam so far despite still being in a very basic form. In my opinion, Perfect Golf could be the best golf game on PC in a year's time.

They both have good graphics and PG can run 1080P resolution with beautiful water effects. Currently the golfer animation is a bit weak and I think they need to work on making the ball impacting club and terrain more "solid" feeling (it's a bit floaty right now) but these are all things that are on the Dev's list.

PG will also have a course editor called Course Forge which is supposed to be state of the art but it's not been released yet and so I cant comment on it further. One thing that is implemented right now though is the ball flight physics engine which, as far as I know, is the only truly dynamic, real time ball flight simulator in a golf game today. This means the ball flight is continuously recalculated as it's happening. In other words, the computer doesn't know exactly where the ball will land any more than you do once it has been hit.

I know this isn't solely PC-related, but the new EA Sports PGA Tour game is going to use the Frostbite 3 engine from Battlefield 4. That should be pretty cool.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started playing WGT back in 09 I believe and was hooked from the start. It has come along way since then. I stopped playing for a few years and just got back into it. They have increased the amount of courses so it is interesting again. And it is free to start but to do any good you need to by "virtual" clubs and equipment. That doesnt bother me to much but having to buy "virtual" balls just kills me. The good ones only last about 3 to 4 rounds and that is if you dont lose any. So you can sink a little money into it if you are not careful. Hell if you play 18 with four people it can actually take you four hours to play so be prepared.

Taylor Made R1 10.5 Rip Phenom Reg Flex Shaft

Taylor Made 09 Burner 3 wood stock shaft (stiff)

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Hybrid Kurokage stock reg flex shaft

Nike VR_S Forged Irons 4-AW Nippon 950 GH HT stock reg flex shaft

Cleveland 588 RTX 56 deg wedge

Titleist 60 deg wedge

Odysee Versa Sabertooth Putter

Note: This thread is 3328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!