IGNORED

Sand Saves!

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't get to work out in the sand much, my sand game is bad. Any tips and drills I can do in my backyard without sand. Really kills my score any help would be great thanks.

If you have some long grass in your backyard (4-5"), practice taking sand shots from it. It's helped me a bunch.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

One drill i used to use was to lay a ball down in the trap and draw a square around the ball. (about 5in.X 5in.) Then take a swing and knock the box out.

Two things to remember; always accelerate through the shot and always follow through.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

i usually get very steep and try to hit down on the ball about an 3/4" behind it accelerating all the way through.
i feel that if i get too shallow i will leave the ball in the bunker more times than not. i usually get up and down from traps 1/3 of the time and rarely ever leave the ball in the trap.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

This is a tip with sand, but remember to always get about 3 inches behind the ball and power through, pretend there isnt even a ball there and sweep right through the sand, the sand will pull the ball out, your club shouldnt.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Take the ball of the front of your stance (just a little bit more back then a driver, just a TAD)
Take a 56° or 60° wedge and open the face completely
Take a 1/2-Full swing (depending on how far the shot is) accelerating through
KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.

Those tips should help. Greenside bunkers are one of the best part of my game..

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Best way to get out of bunkers is to not get in them, but we all end up there eventually. If the sand is in good shape it's actually fun to play out of bunkers, but a lot of the time up here they're like concrete and I just try and pick them clean so as to not destroy my clubs. The biggest thing that helped me with bunkers was to try and splash the sand to where you want the ball to land. The sand will just carry the ball with it.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Take a 56° or 60° wedge and open the face completely

If your playing a 56* or especially a 60*, you dont necessarily need to open the face. There is more than enough loft for you already. Accelerate through and follow through. (dont stab at it) My sand save percentage this year is 71.2%
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!