IGNORED

How do you guys get your golf fix in the winter?

McMullenCPA
Note: This thread is 3759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by cipher

It was kind of cheaply made but it works, and rolls well.  Can't say it has helped my bad putting.  Haha!

I don't know how I missed this but would love to put something like this in my basement! Do you have the specs or plans?

8' x 8' framed out with 2x4s.  Two sheets of 4' x 8' smooth fiber board on top (3/4" thick).  Got some green patio outdoor carpet from Menards and glued it to the fiber board after installing the cups.  Rolls pretty true as well.  Speed very comparable to a nice green.  I placed the holes accordingly to give putting options up to 8'.  Costed around $150 or so.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did some searching and found this one as well.... I just to need to convince the wife I need a 8x8 section of the basement......

http://thesandtrap.com/b/training/build_your_own_8_x_8_indoor_putting_green_cheaply

Originally Posted by sigfan2340

I did some searching and found this one as well.... I just to need to convince the wife I need a 8x8 section of the basement......

http://thesandtrap.com/b/training/build_your_own_8_x_8_indoor_putting_green_cheaply

Yeah that is pretty much what I did.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

• 5 months later...

Hello all, first post....

I've been visiting Vitense here in Madison on a regular basis and it looks like they're building new hitting bays.  The new bays look to be an improvement on the "open air with space heater" approach.

Also Door Creek golf course in Cottage Grove has 3 indoor simulators which I've been to a few times.

I picked up a cheap putting green from Golf Galaxy for the basement.  I may need to upgrade soon to something a little more substantial and realistic.

Welcome @3overafter1 ! I am headed to the simulator we have here in Oconomowoc next sat for the first time this winter. Should be fun. I think we will play pebble.

Nate

Cipher how is the simulator in oconmowoc? I haven't been able to sneak over there and see it for myself.

It is fun. Not the most accurate but they look very nice.

Nate

Note: This thread is 3759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!