IGNORED

Left handed person that plays right with a right eye dominate

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eye dominance isn't something we can change. It's involuntary However you can get a bit better control of your nondominant hand and arm. Right handed and left handedness had nothing to do with the type of clubs Mike Weir and Phil Mickelson write with their right hand and use lefty clubs Tiger and Nicklaus write with their right hand and use righty clubs There are lots of players I know are left handed and use righty clubs and play to scratch

• 2 months later...
Write, Throw, Punch, Flip People Off with my right hand Golf Swing, Hockey Swing, Baseball bat swing lefty Right eye dominant I'm possibly the second best golfer named Phil with these characteristics (probably not :-D)

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

I am also "cross-dominant", of sorts.   I am ambidextrous, but mostly biased to being a righty.  I went through elementary schoool as a lefty, but was switched over to righty because I kept dragging my hand through my writing, smudging the pencil all of the time.  I am still left eye dominant, but play golf as a righty.  I can, and do play hockey and baseball either way, and actually have more power as a lefty in baseball, but batting righty lets me choose to hit off-field at will because my dominant eye is closer to the ball when it comes to the plate and I can get a better bead on it.  That's my theory, anyway.  I switched over to left hand low for putting last season, and I have seen a remarkable improvement.  In my mind, I think it helped to get my dominant eye over the ball more....or maybe not, but it works for me.

I am also "cross-dominant", of sorts.   I am ambidextrous, but mostly biased to being a righty.  I went through elementary schoool as a lefty, but was switched over to righty because I kept dragging my hand through my writing, smudging the pencil all of the time.  I am still left eye dominant, but play golf as a righty.  I can, and do play hockey and baseball either way, and actually have more power as a lefty in baseball, but batting righty lets me choose to hit off-field at will because my dominant eye is closer to the ball when it comes to the plate and I can get a better bead on it.  That's my theory, anyway.  I switched over to left hand low for putting last season, and I have seen a remarkable improvement.  In my mind, I think it helped to get my dominant eye over the ball more....or maybe not, but it works for me.

that's interesting, I play tennis and I felt that when I turn my chin a bit to the right on the return of serve I can read the serve better when its coming towards me. Im left eye dom so that would position my dom eye slightly in front.

In hockey I would be a left hand shot but didnt like to play from the left wing, as i could see the play develop from right side of the rink better for some reason, your reasoning makes sense

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!