IGNORED

Par 4 competition. One club and a putter.

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I only saw one advocate for 5 iron which would be my choice.  I can hit it 200+ on longer shots, choke down for knock down shots and distance control and it is good for greenside chips.  The sand seems to be a concern, but if I don't have a good club for the sand, then I am going to avoid it by aiming away, over, or short of any sand.  If I am in green side sand, then lay it open and choke down and you can get out.  But, I think the added distance would be necessary to score on Par 4's of varying distance.

If a 6,7,8i can get you around a course in par/bogey fashion, why do we higher handicappers insist on using a 14 club bag?

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I must hand it to you, Slice. You've got a movie clip for any situation.

And so far, most have involved Sandler.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jayisu

If a 6,7,8i can get you around a course in par/bogey fashion, why do we higher handicappers insist on using a 14 club bag?

If I could have 15 clubs, I would.

I rarely use some clubs. Some rounds, there are 5 clubs I won't even touch. But it's nice to know that I have a club for just about any situation.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I must hand it to you, Slice. You've got a movie clip for any situation.

And so far, most have involved Sandler.

Well, duh.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by bkitt

do you have to use a putter? id glady putt with a 3i ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlh5E9SVxiE

Been there, done that. I broke my putter in a tournament once (not on purpose) and had to putt the last 4 holes with a 3 iron.

Tyler Martin

A few weeks ago I was playing with my step-dad and he left his wedges at the range. We were sharing a cart and he took off to retrieve his beloved junk from years past Pirate wedges. I hit my drive under a tree and was just about to punch it out with a 4h when he left. I waited and waited and he didn't return and the group behind was waiting on me but all I had was the 4h. So I chipped from the rough with it, I do it all the time but this wasn't a good lie for this shot. It rolled to about 8" and I tapped in with the 4h for par. He still wasn't back by the time I walked to the 2nd tee so I hit again. He finally caught up for my 3rd shot, he had to wait to roll through without disturbing the groups behind. I told him I made par with just my 4h. He didn't believe me so I finished #2 the same way and again made par, actually chipped it in for par after rolling it over the green with my 3rd shot. With a full bag on the next hole I ended up triple. Dang near went back to playing just the 4h.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

A few weeks ago I was playing with my step-dad and he left his wedges at the range. We were sharing a cart and he took off to retrieve his beloved junk from years past Pirate wedges. I hit my drive under a tree and was just about to punch it out with a 4h when he left. I waited and waited and he didn't return and the group behind was waiting on me but all I had was the 4h. So I chipped from the rough with it, I do it all the time but this wasn't a good lie for this shot. It rolled to about 8" and I tapped in with the 4h for par. He still wasn't back by the time I walked to the 2nd tee so I hit again. He finally caught up for my 3rd shot, he had to wait to roll through without disturbing the groups behind. I told him I made par with just my 4h. He didn't believe me so I finished #2 the same way and again made par, actually chipped it in for par after rolling it over the green with my 3rd shot. With a full bag on the next hole I ended up triple. Dang near went back to playing just the 4h.

That's a great example of the power of course management. When you're playing with a 3h, you have to think through shots.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by bkitt

do you have to use a putter? id glady putt with a 3i ;)

That was the stipulation put forth by the OP, so since it's his thread, it's his rules.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I would say 8 iron.  More accurate for me than the 7 iron and I can play sand, chip and pitch shots with it.  I only hit it 140, but is more accurate than the 7 or six.  All but short par 3s would be lay up holes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!