IGNORED

Putter with offset

Note: This thread is 6134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was fitted for my Mizuno c-03 putter a few months ago. I was told I should get an offset putter to assist with ,my aim. So i bought this putter. They adjusted the lie and loft on the putter to work with ,y stroke, and i love my putter. The only thing is the offset is hurting me a little bit lately.
The club lies slightly open - which i am assuming is the offset, but for some reason lately when I think im aiming at the hole i wind im missing to the right of the hole.... NOt fun. especially on short putts. The other thing is I cannot find an offset version of this putter anywhere - can the club fitter who bent the the and loft on the club be able to bend it for the offset too????

If i am not making any sense here please let me know - im just repeating what the fitter told me.......

Thanks in adavance!!

From my knowledge, yes.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Are you talking about shaft offset?

What this means is that the leading edge of the shaft is offset or ahead of the leading edge of the putter blade.

Some putters come with different shaft offsets, from none, half a shaft and up to a full shaft that the shaft is ahead of the putter face.

I have never heard of a putter having an intentional open or closed face angle. Some weeks back one of the club reps found that Tiger's putter was not square and it had to be adjusted. To quote Odyssey "if your aim is one deg off, you have zero change of sinking a 12-footer".

Offest putters do line up differently then non-offset putters because the offset places your hands ahead of the putter face.

• Administrator
I have never heard of a putter having an intentional open or closed face angle. Some weeks back one of the club reps found that Tiger's putter was not square and it had to be adjusted. To quote Odyssey "if your aim is one deg off, you have zero change of sinking a 12-footer".

http://thesandtrap.com/the_numbers_game/angles_of_error You'll barely make a 10-footer. Indeed, the quote is quite accurate. Check out the charts in the article above. It's amazing how any of us make any putts when you consider some of those margins for error. To hole a 20-foot putt you have to start the ball within +/- 0.42° of the correct line!
im not sure about shaft offset - I do know that the head is slightly open, and it is screwing me up big time.

You'll really want to get that checked out. It could be something as simple as the grip not being on straight, too. I played with one guy once whose grip was at least 10 degrees off! It's a wonder he made anything.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the guy who fitted me tolf me that I need to have an"offset" putter - or start opening the face... looks lik ethe guy may have a been an a-hole- hopei ts not a $250 putter wasted..........

the guy who fitted me tolf me that I need to have an"offset" putter - or start opening the face... looks lik ethe guy may have a been an a-hole- hopei ts not a $250 putter wasted..........

The Bettinardi c-03 Putter is an offset putter, a full shaft offset.

What kind of putter did you use before the C-03, if it wasn't an offset putter, the offset will change the angle at which you look down at the ball. It may take a little getting used to.

If its the putter in the picture then it's offset.

If you look down the shaft, it will be ahead of the putter face - chances are the back edge if the shaft will be inline with the putter face.

If you are a straight back and straight through putter a mallet putter is more your style. Blade putters require a slight inside to inside arc stroke because the shaft is in heel and so the toe of the putter has to come around in that arc and release or else you will push the putts.

Note: This thread is 6134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!