IGNORED

Ping Zing 2...

Ando
Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey so i am a new golfer, only been about five times. i am looking for a set of my own and ive been looking online to see if i should buy a new set or a used set. i only want to spend around $200 for the set. i found a set on craigslist of used Ping Zing 2 irons, tours edge putter, and golfsmith driver also some other random clubs for $100. is it worth the money to buy this set or should i buy a new set? any suggestions would be great. the clubs are below.

Good deal for $100 if they are in reasonable condition.

As far as performance goes...well just read this thread - http://thesandtrap.com/t/47724/ping-eye-2s-are-the-best-irons-ever-created

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If they are in good shape, I would be all over them for $75. The only caveat with PINGS is the dot color. Those appear to be black dot which is standard lie; if you are around average build, height, arm length etc. that is a good bet to be a close enough fit. The other colors are varying stages of flatter or more upright.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

If your a new golfer and you want to learn with the right clubs then buy those pings....If you start off with GO or super GI you will never know what it takes to learn to hit the sweet spot... Play with them then see how you do.. Post back.. Worst case you practice with the pings and maybe...I mean maybe... go into a game improvemet...

IMO it you cant hit those pings its your stricking and not the club...Going to GI you will probably do the same thing that your doing with the pings...

Learn with them and you will improve IMO...

unfortunately as i was on my way to buy the clubs they sold =/ So now i am looking all over the internet for a different set. I did the size chart from ping and it says the red dot is best for me so maybe it was good i didnt buy them. I stopped into golfsmith today to get an opinion as to what i should do, buy a complete new set for around $200 or buy a set on craigslist. The guy working there told me to buy the cheapest set i could because i would either stop playing or like it so much i would want a new set next season. I still am not sure what the best thing for me to do is (buy a complete new set or keep searching craigslist until i find something reasonable). I only want to spend around $200 for a set, so if anyone could give me some advice as to what i should do that would be great! Thanks.

What set was that and how did you hit them??? What did you shoot and what were the issues???

Most its not their irons.. Driver gets you there... If not long then hybrid... Then close to the hole wedges...

Some who struggle never use irons much in course of play IMO...

i honestly dont know what kind they are and i didnt keep a score of what i shot because my putting is horrendous. i guess next time i will keep score to see where i am at. but i know my iron shots have been really short for example my 7 iron was only hitting about 120 yards. the hybrid i used was one of the best i shot with besides my friends taylor made 3 wood. but i would say one of my biggest issues besides putting is getting distance on the ball. idk if thats because the clubs are not fit for me or just my swing itself. im 5' 6" and my wrist to floor is just under 33".

I'm same as you... 33" and 5' 8'...

Forget distance... I hit 7 130 too... But accurate... I have older club's high lofts like old days...

Don't feed into the hype on distance with these 4 - pw sets with low lofts.... Those clubs are GI and will mess you up...

Play a true feel and fly club and that's more important IMO...

Sure my friends take an 8 at 150 yrd and I take a 5.... They all miss the grn and Im 5 ft from pin... Who laughs....? Me....

I play with 17 yr old wilson prostaffs/// Not long but accurate distance... GI will not get you that....

• Upvote 1

how are these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Clubs-Set-of-Eight-8-Ping-Karsten-I-Series-Irons-3-thru-PW-/261256551654?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item3cd41a9ce6

Even though those were a good buy, don't be sad you missed them. the Karsten 1 is a classic club, but what really put PING irons on the map is the Eye 2. Stay on ebay and you should find a set of these in red dot around the $200 mark or less. Also check Craigslist. My unscientific guess is that the red dot is probably the next most popular after black dot. Either Eye 2's, Zings, or Zing 2's would make a great starter set, and might even be a set you keep until you absolutely wear them out. Once you get a set, splurge and put on new grips. This will be among the best $60 golf purchases you make. Depending on how much you play, change the grips every year or so and it will save you at least one trade up.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

IMHO look for eye 2's any flavor, Zing or Zing 2.  You'll not go wrong with any of them.  Zing 2 will be the most forgiving but the Eye 2 will be the most workable, fade, draw etc.  For $100 you'll be able to get a complete playable set that has won 2 majors (Eye2).  The best part is if you ever get rid of them you should be able to get your $100 back.

Ive been playing Ping Zing 2 irons for 19 years and they are great! Very easy to hit. A bit odd to look at initially but you will get use to them. Ping can adjust the lie up to 2 degrees up or down at no cost.

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!