IGNORED

How did the Ohio golf meet-up/outing go?

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by cipher

Very true.

Ha, yeah I should mention it is not even close to a full(over) swing though.  I remember in my early 20's when I would hit my PW 150.  Cobra CXI irons.  Loved those babies.  What is funny is they were regular flex.  Can't swing it like that anymore.  At almost 33 it just hurts to much to try and swing that hard now.

hmm.. I'm 34 and I have rods and pins in my back from a car accident

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

Very true.

Ha, yeah I should mention it is not even close to a full(over) swing though.  I remember in my early 20's when I would hit my PW 150.  Cobra CXI irons.  Loved those babies.  What is funny is they were regular flex.  Can't swing it like that anymore.  At almost 33 it just hurts to much to try and swing that hard now.

Bionic man. That's cheating, IYAM.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Bionic man. That's cheating, IYAM.

Oh man!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Too bad we couldn't have hit a course Sunday morning. We'll have to figure something out before the season is over.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Too bad we couldn't have hit a course Sunday morning. We'll have to figure something out before the season is over.

Definitely, I don't mind driving up there. Sounds like there are a lot of nice courses to play.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Definitely, I don't mind driving up there. Sounds like there are a lot of nice courses to play.

Yeah, there are some good ones.

I'm over in Dayton a lot too, that cuts the time down for you quite a bit. Maybe we could even get Matt (Saevel) to join.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Went pretty well. JeramieBoop proved me wrong by nailing a green from 163 yards away with a pitching wedge. (I still contend that he mishit it and got lucky, as his first one was a draw that ended up about 30 yards short...and it was from an elevated tee...but I digress...)

I also got to apologize for him so he wouldn't get his ass beat by roid rage Dad after he almost nailed his kids with a pushed 250 yard drive lol

I'll give him credit though, he can really crush the ball. He did have a drive go about 300, unfortunately it was his 3rd shot...our group spent a lot of time hitting 3 from the tee lol

Jeramie, Grins (Jeff), myself, and my friend Pat were grouped up. We all played pretty terribly. Grins did get his first par 5 birdie though, 3 good shots and nailed the putt!

What did the dad say? Was he really that pissed off?

That's just part of living on a golf course. ESPECIALLY if you own a house that is 200-250yds from a tee on the right side of the fairway. It's why I would never buy a house on a course. Every time either myself or my kids were in the backyard I would just be waiting for one of us to get nailed in the head by a ball. I would never be able to be comfortable in my own backyard. I don't get how someone could get pissed about that.

Ouch, the problem is I am 5' 9" and have noodle arms like a 8 year old girl.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by Pappy091

That's just part of living on a golf course. ESPECIALLY if you own a house that is 200-250yds from a tee on the right side of the fairway. It's why I would never buy a house on a course. Every time either myself or my kids were in the backyard I would just be waiting for one of us to get nailed in the head by a ball. I would never be able to be comfortable in my own backyard. I don't get how someone could get pissed about that.

Just said "weren't you going to come over and apologize?" I was thinking, why would we walk off the course to the house to apologize, that and it looked like he went inside. It was my fault for not yelling "fore" but then I really didn't think it would make it that far.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by Pappy091

He was pretty ticked, and rightfully so...Jeremie should have know if his pitching wedge goes 160, his driver can go 260.

Ryan M

If you have an open lawn that is within 300yds of a clear path of a teebox, you should probably move your swingset etc to the FRONT YARD. Just my opinion. Hehe.

Originally Posted by TJBam

If you have an open lawn that is within 300yds of a clear path of a teebox, you should probably move your swingset etc to the FRONT YARD. Just my opinion. Hehe.

Yeah, I thought it strange to have a child area right next to the water anyway, but it is what it is. I know I should have yelled.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yeah, I thought it strange to have a child area right next to the water anyway, but it is what it is. I know I should have yelled.

Could you see them from the tee box?

Even if you could and you did yell, it wouldn't have changed anything. Unless they have trained their kid to run for cover whenever someone yells "fore!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJBam

Probably wouldn't have mattered even if you did yell, he was probably going to be a jerk anyway. I don't get people that live on a golf course that get pissed when a ball ends up in their yard.

Tyler Martin

• Administrator
Guys, no. The homeowner was perfectly within his rights and of sound mind to expect three things: 1. "Fore!!!!" to be yelled (by all of you if you saw it). 2. A sincere apology offered. 3. Carts to not be parked three feet from the fringe. I added the last one myself because the group behind you complained to the pro shop. The homeowner did nothing wrong. "He should put his swing set in the front yard?" Are you kidding me? The responses here are disappointing at [i]best.[/i] Suffice to say 17 was not your shining etiquette moment as a group. :-(

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I didn't know there was anyone over there myself, which is another reason I didn't think to yell at the time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by iacas

Guys, no. The homeowner was perfectly within his rights and of sound mind to expect three things:

1. "Fore!!!!" To be yelled.

2. An apology offered.

3. Carts to not be parked three feet from the fringe.

I added the last one myself because the group behind you complained to the pro shop.

Suffice to say 17 was not your shining etiquette moment as a group.

First 2 I understand, but I don't remember any carts being 3 feet from the fringe. I could and should have yelled regardless of knowing they were there.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
First 2 I understand, but I don't remember any carts being 3 feet from the fringe. I could and should have yelled regardless of knowing they were there.

I do. Same hole. Saw it with my own eyes and mentioned it to Slice when I called him over. Three feet. Cart path a whopping 30 feet or so away. Signs all over about keeping carts away from greens.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!