• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bclouth

My Swing (Bclouth)

5 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 13

My typical ball flight is: low draw/straight

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Long iron miss hits

Videos:

driver face on-

driver down the line-

7 iron face on-

7 iron down the line-

Couple things I notice I do wrong but am not sure how to fix:

- My left knee colapsses in and I sway

- Almost no hip turn in my backswing

Any feedback or drills to help will be much appreciated. I live in Canada so I only have about 2 months left of golf. But I am going to be getting lessons next spring.

My main problem is I can't hit a 7iron and down at all. I shoot low 80's and high 70's once and a while so I am not terrible but my short game really saves me because my ball striking isn't great.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Old boy couldn't follow the rules if they left a trail of red paint.

Originally Posted by Bclouth

My main problem is I can't hit a 7iron and down at all. I shoot low 80's and high 70's once and a while

Hmmm ...I suspect you may not be able to count very well either.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it wasn't for the witty responses, I would have no hair.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Hmmm...I suspect you may not be able to count very well either.

Is there a joke here somewhere?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Thanks for sharing, good explanation of each measurement. Yes you have to be careful with averages but it still drives the point home. What I like is that regardless of how a player's swing looks or their swing "style", they're all doing these pieces well.
    • I was going to post the wrx article but @saevel25 beat me to it. Agree with everything Matt said but I'll still give my take. The article is misleading, it only mentions two "benefits" and it's based on a false understanding rotation and how the pressure/weight operates in the golf swing. Golfers don't over-rotate, they just don't pivot properly. If you turn your torso at about a 90 degree angle to your address bend and keep the head steady, I honestly don't think you can "over" rotate. Well maybe, but it would be a very rare circumstance. Look at guys like Bubba or DJ, John Daly or Lexi on the LPGA, they all make huge torso turns. If you're losing control on your weight during the swing (whatever that means) then just manually restricting your rotation isn't going to help much. That'd be like your car making a weird noise every time it went over 30mph and instead of looking into what's causing the noise, you "fixed" it by never driving over 30mph. Crap plus crap isn't going to result into some successful motion.  Again, that's more of an issue of not pivoting correcting, you can still slide your hips back maintaining flex in the knee (which can sometimes be the cause of the slide. I also think the camera angle is a little behind Tiger which would make it look like the knee doesn't lose much flex. I can find video of Tiger playing great golf where he releases some flex.
    • Sounds like a movie along the line of Karate Kid. And this guy sounds like the exception to the rule based on this thread.
    • I took three lessons from a guy who spoke hardly a word of English.  We used one club per lesson.  He would make a couple passes and then hand me the club.  I'd make a couple passes and hand it back.  Sometimes he would interrupt, ask for the club, demonstrate what I was doing and what was different about what he was doing...and hand me the club back again.  They were three of the best lessons I've ever had.  We'd have had more; but he moved back to his home country.  The language barrier, as it turns out, is no barrier at all.  The only important thing is communication.  
    • July 21:  Played 6 holes tonight after work with my wife and son.  Not a lot of practice but had a nice relaxing night.  Earlier I used the Orange whip for about 10 minutes... working on shoulder turn to prevent coming over the top.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Arkansas Paul
      Arkansas Paul
      (37 years old)
    2. high_handicap
      high_handicap
      (27 years old)
    3. ygmondoux
      ygmondoux
      (32 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon