• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
JCRuzanski

Tight Lies vs newer clone

JCRuzanski    9
If given the choice would you either... 1. Get a newer type clone club made Or 2. Re-shaft/re-grip/bend an older (1997) set of Adams Tight Lies irons? Buying newer name brand irons and fitting them is out of my budget... I can find the length used, but not the clubface lie corrections. Will say... Golfsmith bend a set of irons?

JCRuzanski    9
Pricing out the re-grip, re-shaft, change lie at golfsmith for my old set of clubs is more expensive than getting a setup from gigagolf... keep in mind i'm on a $300 budget...

I would look somewhere for a used set of Ping eye2s or another quality used set of irons. They're about the same price as new clones, and in my eyes, a much better option.

JCRuzanski    9
But they won't fit unless a tall guy is selling them... hence my dilema. So using a standard used set would only complicate my game, as my posture hitting standard clubs is terrible. In golf being average height, average arm length, is a huge bonus when purchasing clubs...

Topper    21

For what it's worth, I'm still using the same set of GigaGolf irons that I started golfing with.  They have been good clubs.  I'm 6'4" and my clubs are +1/2" and 2* up.

JCRuzanski    9
I ordered a set of TRX power slot irons from them, played them for the first time today. .. quite pleased.