IGNORED

Tall guys

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I ordered a 5-pw set of Power Slot irons from gigagolf. I upped the shafts to dynamic gold in firm flex. +1.25, 3 degree up. Also got a couple wedges. $241 shipped.

looks like a nice set of sticks. and the price is right. have you hit clubs with the dg shafts before? i hate to say it but if you have not you might want to before you cant cancel just in case. shafts do make a difference in feel and ball flight. also are you sure you need the firm flex. im guessing you knew the flex since you just had the fitting. the only reason i ask is cause i have never been a real fan of the dg shafts i have played the project x and kbs and dg and liked the kbs and am playing the project x 6.0 right now. so yea if you have not hit with the dg try them first and also try other shafts they may offer.

Jcruzanski, you should seriously look into the Adams 1208 set 4-gw. It comes in the +1 and they are only 199.00, however they originally sold for 399.00. I bougt a set a few weeks bck on ebay and they hit absolutely pure. You wont be dissapointed.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

I do have the 30 day trial period. I honestly know nothing about shafts at all. Maybe I will give them a call in the morning and talk to them... Maybe since I'm only planning on doing range work for the first month I can just order a 7 iron, then if I like it I'll get the rest?

I looked at the 1308's... I'd have to have them bent, so cost would be equivalent, and honestly I figure I can do an unbiased review of Giga, and these clubs so beginner's might get some nice info.

My only gripe was the paint inside the numbers chips off fairly easily but I usually take a pretty good divot with my irons and the course I play has alot of crushed rock under the turf in patches but its not really noticeable and has zero effect on performance. Other than that its almost a spitting image of the ping g5, milled with the same 431 steel but Adams is a trusted name in golf so its a sweet design. I would steer of knock offs though.....my buddy had the head of a 7 iron snap,completely in half of a pine meadow set lol.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

But giga golf is probably the best set of knockoffs from what i hear.

from some glancing at shaft talk I think I'll switch to the feather lite stiff, although I have a pretty quick swing. if I'm remembering correctly I was at or near 85mph with the 7 iron today... but my brain doesn't think that can be right.... yeah I'll call Giga in the morning...

I did not care much for the ball flight I got with the stiff in the dg shaft tried x stiff and the firm but again you may like them. Gigs has great reviews and for the price it's worth it. I myself have only used the acumen from hireko. Hireko has not shaft choices also.

I would say you would be ok with a uninflected with the swing speed of 85 and that should give you a lower more penetrating ball flight not to low but not real high either. I don't like a real balloony ball flight but some like it high so it's up to you and your preference.

I called them this morning, changed the shafts back to the feather lite stiff... actually saves me some coin up front, and gives me something to knock around for a while. If my game improves to where I can justify something more then I can do that. Plus they have the 30 day play guarantee... now I just have to wait, lol.

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!