IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Just wanted to put up the picture of where I want to get at A5.. Laid off so far away from the ball.. amazing!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tell me about it.. I am just trying so hard to leave the OTT club.. I feel like I have over stayed my welcome and I just need to pack my bags and graduate into the in-out club!

I have seen that training aid below, and a few times I have put things down on the ground to replicate the same idea.. I think I just really need to exaggerate to the n'th level and see what happens.. Stephan wants my club to be pointing about 18 inches past the ball once I get to A5.. I am sure the result he wants is for it to be around 6 inches or so, but what if I exaggerate until it is horizontal with the ground??  work my way back you know??

I definitely want to hear more stories from people who have overcome this piece and how it has improved their game!

LOL seriously...I feel like I have one foot in each club at the moment. Anyway, you seem to be on the right track...at least you have a game plane! :beer:

I got my feedback on the last video submitted.. I think it is a really good idea to send a video of actually doing the drill, because there is a possibility that you could be doing it wrong, or maybe there is just a better way to do it.

My priority piece has not changed.. Key# 4 - laying the shaft down between A4 to A5

What was noted about the practice is very interesting though.. I need to practice in a way that promotes the picture changing.. So, if I'm not practicing the swing the way I actually swing then it will be very difficult for the picture to ever change.. I was told to go straight up to A4 as if I'm swinging and then just stop right as I start doing the downswing, and then go very slowly to A6 so that I can start identifying the feels that might work for me..

I move around way too much in the video and it is noticeable.. even to the point that I adjust my feet :doh: - the main take away from this is that if you are practicing slow it still means that it should be within the confines of your own swing ( I hope that makes sense, as it does to me)

The other part is to just take care in my alignments (which I knew I had issues with anyway) so that I can get correct feedback while I'm practicing.. i.e. make sure the other ball is in the correct position, don't get in a too closed of a position ect.

Eyad

Finally I have a feel that works for me in terms of being able to swing in-out.. 1. I do the pivot drill I learned from Mike where I stand up put the club in front of me and then turn my hands and turn my whole body then tilt shoulder towards the ground! Then from the top I take a practice swing! 2. I finally started using anything on the ground to build my target line, then the only thought in my head after that is get the ball starting way right of that thing (divot, grass, whatever it is) The results have been pretty good with my irons, I have been hitting push draws for the past two days.. For my 3w I do the same thing, but the only difference is getting mostly pushes with it, they aren't penalizing though because they don't crazy push. I bet I could play good golf with it, but going to keep working on the drill that Stephan mentioned and hopefully I can see some lasting changes! Final note: lost my favorite SW today I think, could have been yesterday! I guess if I can't find it even a better reason to get fit for my wedges in a couple weeks!

Eyad

Finally I have a feel that works for me in terms of being able to swing in-out..

1. I do the pivot drill I learned from Mike where I stand up put the club in front of me and then turn my hands and turn my whole body then tilt shoulder towards the ground! Then from the top I take a practice swing!

2. I finally started using anything on the ground to build my target line, then the only thought in my head after that is get the ball starting way right of that thing (divot, grass, whatever it is) The results have been pretty good with my irons, I have been hitting push draws for the past two days..

For my 3w I do the same thing, but the only difference is getting mostly pushes with it, they aren't penalizing though because they don't crazy push. I bet I could play good golf with it, but going to keep working on the drill that Stephan mentioned and hopefully I can see some lasting changes!

Final note: lost my favorite SW today I think, could have been yesterday! I guess if I can't find it even a better reason to get fit for my wedges in a couple weeks!

Nice bro! Glad you found something that works...bummer that you lost your wedge tho :cry:

Did you just leave it on the course somewhere? What kind of wedge was it?

Nice bro! Glad you found something that works...bummer that you lost your wedge tho :cry:   Did you just leave it on the course somewhere? What kind of wedge was it?

I'm assuming I did, I will check with them again to see if someone turns it in.. It was a 56* that I used for everything, just one of the clubs in the first ever bag I bought!! Was able to hit it pretty good usually too, oh well, life goes on, at least it isn't a fitted edel wedge.. ;)

Eyad

I am very pleased with the results lately from the 3W.. I have really limited my mishits and that makes things easier! My miss is a push that is like 15-20 to the right of target, but my typical is a push that is only 5 off target or one that push draws which is kind of cool! I need to video to confirm what in seeing, but I know the ball flight laws, so I don't think I will be too surprised if my path is looking much better! I haven't pulled out my driver in a while, so I'll have to start hitting with it to see if my 3w swing can be replicated with the driver! I'm still working on the drill from Stephan and will probably send in a video toward the end of the week just to make sure I haven't reverted on anything else and that my practice routine is more in line with what he expects of me!

Eyad

I am very pleased with the results lately from the 3W.. I have really limited my mishits and that makes things easier! My miss is a push that is like 15-20 to the right of target, but my typical is a push that is only 5 off target or one that push draws which is kind of cool! I need to video to confirm what in seeing, but I know the ball flight laws, so I don't think I will be too surprised if my path is looking much better! I haven't pulled out my driver in a while, so I'll have to start hitting with it to see if my 3w swing can be replicated with the driver! I'm still working on the drill from Stephan and will probably send in a video toward the end of the week just to make sure I haven't reverted on anything else and that my practice routine is more in line with what he expects of me!

Nice work Eyad! Sounds like you're making good progress on your pieces.

Henry

much better practice.. more deliberate than before.. less stuttering for lack of a better description of what I was doing before.

Still much work to be done for sure!

Eyad

Nice dude! That impact position looks on point.

Thank You! Cheers I just wish I lived closer to a 5sk instructor in the states so that I could schedule something when I come home for vacation! I just know there are things that would get fixed up much quicker in person, but I have to work with what I have right!

Eyad

I just wish I lived closer to a 5sk instructor in the states so that I could schedule something when I come home for vacation! I just know there are things that would get fixed up much quicker in person, but I have to work with what I have right!

I feel your pain. I don't even have a 5sk instructor in my country :cry: I know that i probably could find very good instruction within a reasonable distance i can never bring myself to go see them. Firstly, i have seen 2 very poor instructors who are local. One told me i just needed to keep my head down and swing to a better tempo... :doh: i won't be going back to him!! Secondly, i don't really know how i could test them out before laying down a weeks worth of expendable income. (Quizzing him before hand or asking for a ten minute taster etc would come across as very rude IMO).

Henry

@FooFader look up @james_hirshfield

http://thesandtrap.com/t/75177/uk-5sk-golf-instruction-james-hirshfield

I shall remember the name for when I'm next looking for lessons, thank you!

Henry

I shall remember the name for when I'm next looking for lessons, thank you!

@FooFader are you currently working with Evolvr? If not, you should look into it. There aren't any 5sk coaches where I live either but through Evolvr I've been able to work with both Stephen Kostelecky and Brian McGrew ( @sk golf and @cbrian ) and it's been cheaper than buying golf balls.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Tested a bunch of irons today...

it is very interesting that I hit the " Adams Idea Tech V4 Forged Irons" the best out of all of the other clubs.. I gained about 10 yards on the Adam true that I am playing now and I went ahead and bought them.. I think the thing I like the best with them is that the hybrids are 3-5 instead of just 3-4.. who needs a 5 iron anyway right?  I'm happy with my purchase and that saves me from buying the irons and the hybrids separately and paying a boat load for them!

Next is the Edel putter and my 3 wedges..

I found a fitter in CT (6 hour round trip) and I'm going either tomorrow or the day after.. the only issue I have is that they told me the fitting is $125 once for the putter and once for the wedge system.. That's $250 for the fitting which just seems crazy.. I'm not sure if this will persuade me to forget it or not, but it is still a real bummer if I can't talk them down from that crazy amount.. Anyone else have any experience with this? @iacas do you usually charge people for the fitting, is there anything you suggest I say to them to help?  I mean I'm going to be putting down around 1K on clubs, it sucks that I have to pay another $250 as I thought the price of the clubs included the fitting.  Anyway, most likely I won't let something like this deter me unless everyone things this is a major rip off!  (Fitters name is Roger Knick in the golf performance center in CT)  They explained that they had state of the art center!

I already have a driver and a 3w I'm happy with, so I guess that would complete my set and I can just concentrate on getting as many rounds of golf as I can, especially since I haven't got one round in yet and this is my 3rd day of vacation :(

One last note:  I found out that there is a lady that teaches aimpoint at the club I will be going to a lot while I'm here.. I haven't contacted her yet, but it only makes sense that I get that out of the way! Her name is Jane Frost at Sandwich Hollows in Cape Cod!

Eyad

I think I would put the $250 into gas to get to Erie........ :-P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I think I would put the $250 into gas to get to Erie........

LOL

I wanted to, but the problem is the 20 hr round trip..

This trip I can just leave at 5:30 am and be back home before 2:00 pm :)

Good Idea though!  I would rather give the money to people I know rather than people I don't, as I know the type of effort I'm getting in Erie and not so much where I'm going.. but what can I do!

Eyad