IGNORED

My Swing (dougals69)

dougals69
Note: This thread is 3859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is a template for a new "My Swing" thread.

1. Title the thread "My Swing (username)" where "username" is your username.
  2. Answer the questions below.
  3. EMBED your videos below that. Just click the "video" icon in the toolbar to embed your videos.
  4. Delete all of this red text before posting. Make sure the title is correct.

I've been Playing Golf for: 8 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 5

My typical ball flight is: medium

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Really struggle to stay down on the ball.

Any views would be great.

Videos:

Swing looks pretty good.  I would just suggest getting the lower back arch out.  Soften the lower back, almost feel like the tailbone is tucked under you.  Will keep the back healthy and keep the hips centered on the backswing.  Tough to tell from this angle but your hips might be shifting to the right on the backswing.  Feel free to post a face on swing.  Might also need more weight forward at impact.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for reply. Yes I see what you mean for sure it's very rigid. I do sway to the right it's something I've tried to stop. Would you have any drills for sway right and more weight forward onto left? Thanks.

Your left knee appears to move laterally towards your right, also your weight is moving into the ball, making it really difficult for you to draw the ball.  It would require excessive movement of your arms to create a draw, which happens to make it really easy for you to slice.  That is why you can't "stay down" on the ball.  Your body is trying to create space to help you avoid the slice!   Make your left knee flex towards your left foot.  This will allow your hips to turn more in a circle.  This reduces the amount you sway and will help keep you from moving in towards the ball.

Hope these pictures help.

Thanks for reply. Yes I see what you mean for sure it's very rigid. I do sway to the right it's something I've tried to stop. Would you have any drills for sway right and more weight forward onto left? Thanks.

Yeah I gotta film this drill.

Use an alignment stick (red line) and stick it in the ground close to your right hip.  Then on the backswing, create a little space between you and the stick.  Keep turning the right hip behind you.  The weight may FEEL more left but in reality the pressure is still right because you lose some flex in the right leg and gain flex in the left knee.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi guys thanks for the reply's. Went to see my friday about my rotuine as i was getting stuck over the ball so hes changed that which feels crazy, got a lot going on at the moment. he confirmed i was swaying off the ball, but was happy with my front knee movement. He said im moving my weight to my left toes on the downswing and need to get it more to the left side/heel. Shot 34 points yesterday without trying anything but routine (got up and down a lot). I hit a few last night with the tour stick behind me and just concentrating on keeping centered, Hit the ball well with a nice easy draw (alignment needs some work). Work in progress.......

Note: This thread is 3859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!