IGNORED

Purchasing New LW

Note: This thread is 6117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

for a beginning golfer, which LW will better suit me, low, standard or high bounce LW clubs.

I was thinking of getting a cleveland wedge but didn't know which bounce rating would better suit me.

Grom
Hibore Driver 10.5
Hibore Fairway 15 deg
Hibore Hybrid 19 deg
Launchers 4-PW & D 588 Gun Metal 56 deg White Hot XG #9

for a beginning golfer, which LW will better suit me, low, standard or high bounce LW clubs

For a beginner, no LW. Seriously I think you'd get more use out of a gap wedge, extra fairway wood or hybrid. If you really do want a LW it depends on how you plan to use it and what conditions you typically play in (sand, turf, etc.) If you plan to use it in the sand you would probably want a higher bounce. If you want it for delicate pitch shots from tight lies around the green, then low bounce. If you're not sure, standard

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

for a beginning golfer, which LW will better suit me, low, standard or high bounce LW clubs.

Depends. I've said a hundred times on this and other forums, you're best off demo'ing as many wedges as possible and picking which one gives you the most confidence standing over the ball.

As to bounce, have your swing path checked out. If it's really steep, get a standard or higher bounce. High bounce is better out of fluffy sand, standard is good for (almost) everything), and low bounce is for tighter lies, hard sand, and more rounded swings.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I'm sorry to go off topic, but what is the definition of a tight lie?
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

fairway.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Fairway (or other really short grass), just hard dirt (hence "hardpan"), or hard sand, even. Anything that doesn't have any fluff under the ball, basically.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

tight lie is when you can't get under your ball basically(well, sort of I guess)...just wording it a bit different from others.

I got a Cleveland Lob Wedge when first starting out, and it was the best club in my bag as a 28 handicap, so I think in some cases a lob wedge can help because I was struggling out of the bunker and struggling to get chip shots airborne...

Callaway X-Tour makes a really nice wedge too. Just try a couple out or ones that you like the look of.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 6117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!